Agape Love

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
I never realized one could feel both lower than a well digger's butt and absolutely wonderfully loved other than by the Heavenly Father. At least until recently when I received agape love from a dear sweet neighbor at a time I most certainly did not deserve it. Long story short the neighbors questioned me about a matter and I was dishonest. While I realize my parents likely would love me no matter what and I know there have been times I have told my children I still love you or I will always love you after they did something bad; family forgiveness is almost always the norm. I could not believe it when I heard my own mouth refuse to tell an inconvenient truth. Long story short, I called later and got the answering machine and said that I had lied and needed to come over and tell the truth. When the wife called me back later to tell me to come on over the last thing she said before she hung up was "I love you." She is always telling me that, but hearing it then sure made the lump in my throat go down a bit. As soon as I sat down she told me when she played the message she wanted to laugh but that I sounded so pitiful she could not. So I spilled my guts. She told me that I had concealed a matter and that she once did that to her congregation after reading something along those lines in Proverbs. I told her that what I did was beyond that. Her husband was not so obviously forgiving and got the keys and drove off. Meanwhile, I told her that I would not blame her one bit if she never trusted me again. I told her I felt like I had lost my credibility and would not blame her in the least if they never trusted me again to come let their dogs out and bring the mail in whenever they are out of town. She told me she would always trust me and to consider the matter forgotten. She said there is nothing in the world I could do to make her stop loving me. The husband got over it the next day, at least I think so, since he is back to his friendly self. It is good to feel at peace. It is very reminiscent of how I felt almost thirteen years ago when I cast my burdens and sins on the One who paid the price for them. Love and forgiveness do go hand in hand. I feel blessed to have a sweet friend who has so much of both and gives it so freely.

Back