**Hey Everyone...Need some input/help...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]i don't know what to say
default_blush.png
: , you guys are sooo wonderful. thank you to all of you that have already helped out and now i see you posting to do more. thank you to EVERYONE for thinking of us and wanting to help.
default_wub.png
: Nikki and Critters
[/SIZE]

i did not know Nikki needed help...she never said anything in our talks.

Will see what I can dig up. I have some gently used big horse rain sheets....

Who would I send them too for the auction?

OK...I just registered...it was a snap
default_yes.gif
:

However I found out that we CANNOT post auctions for others...

so we will have to all register and post our own items. (we would need to register anyway to place a bid)

Remember registration is easy....and if you don't have a picture to post...just describe it the best you can (this is done all the time)

Also the accounts are pending at first waitng for Admin. approval....this could take 3 days.

Everyone who wants to post or bid on something for the auction should start the process soon if you are not registered all ready.

:aktion033: [SIZE=14pt]I just got approved :aktion033: WoW...that was fast
default_yes.gif
: [/SIZE]

OK...I just registered...it was a snap
default_yes.gif
:

However I found out that we CANNOT post auctions for others...

so we will have to all register and post our own items. (we would need to register anyway to place a bid)

Remember registration is easy....and if you don't have a picture to post...just describe it the best you can (this is done all the time)

Also the accounts are pending at first waitng for Admin. approval....this could take 3 days.

Everyone who wants to post or bid on something for the auction should start the process soon if you are not registered all ready.

:aktion033: [SIZE=14pt]I just got approved :aktion033: WoW...that was fast
default_yes.gif
: [/SIZE]

ok for me you will have to be a lot more specific... i have no idea what you are even talking about, auction site? so please walk me through it step by step :eek:

[SIZE=12pt]Susan...it is right here
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Go to the main forum page...and just below the header there is a section called..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]LB last Chance Auctions....click on here and then you will find near the top "Register"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I am going to post an auction tomorrow/this weekend and see how that goes and report back to everyone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I am thinking at this point we can start posting our auctions next week.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I don't have a time table...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]*Everybody...post here when you get signed up and if you are ready to post your auctions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]**I will post on Back Porch when we are ready with our auctions...that we need biders :aktion033: and donations of items for auctions if they wish.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]***If any of you have Q'ssss just post them and I'll try to help...I am learning along with you all too
default_yes.gif
: Teri
[/SIZE]

I went on the auction site and went through a mock listing (it's easy)...this is what I learned..

#1 Choose a Category

#2 Title & Description

#3 Listing Price....*Shipping fee

*Shipping Fee...One of our perks should be "Free Shipping" this will hopefully bring on more biders and higher bids.

If we were to charge shipping? ...it would get complicated because I am sure most will pay with Pay Pal and I don't want to have Nikki on her end send shipping reimbursements back to everyone.

Let me know what you think...I need to hear from you guys
default_yes.gif
:

**Another potential problem...we have many friends/members in Canada and along with shipping they want to know where you want to ship?

I will gladly ship to Canada...but there is NO WAY I can with plants & bulbs...I will have other items though that I will gladly ship there.

Susan's donation sounds VERY heavy....that could be VERY costly to send to Canada...so you guys keep these things in mind
default_yes.gif
:

Please let me know what you all are thinking....hey we are all going to be experts on fundraising auctions after this is all said and done
default_wink.png
:

thanks, i went to the auction place and i guess i am already registered :eek: it seems now that i remember my daughter wanted to buy something on the auction but sin e she was not 18, they wouldn't let her register herself, so i did it and she got her stuff through mine...

anyway i will have to play with listing now!

as for shipping, anywhere in the US i can use one of the USPS flat rate boxes and it's only $8.10 no matter how heavy. i can fit up to THREE butterflies in one box so i love this. not sure about Canada however! but i don't mind either offering free shipping OR, charging shipping but letting Nikki keep that along with the cost of the item. that way she would get more...

and another good thing, so far i have gotten a positive response to donating the overage for our "SSSHHHH Secret" to the "Nikki filly fund" so once i have everything sorted out for that (hopefully Monday) i will be able to forward that additional donation to Nikki!! our forum members are just awesome!!! ~~~
default_wub.png
: ~~~

Susan, I just emailed you! :bgrin Teri~~ I have my items on the table, and I just took some pictures. We're getting closer. YES== LIl Beginnings members are GREAT! Corinne

I've never done anything like this before so I have some questions. Stupid I'm sure, but I don't know. I found the auction spot and I think I understand the process. But, how does this work exactly? How does Nikki get the funds? How do folks know that this is what we're doing? Please explain.
default_unsure.png
: I like to make wreaths and I thought I could share a lavender wreath I made last summer. I've never done EBay or anything so I'm really backward.
default_wacko.png
:

Chico

~~~~and another good thing, so far i have gotten a positive response to donating the overage for our "SSSHHHH Secret" to the "Nikki filly fund" so once i have everything sorted out for that (hopefully Monday) i will be able to forward that additional donation to Nikki!! our forum members are just awesome!!! ~~~
default_wub.png
: ~~~

Susan...you :aktion033: are so sweet
default_wub.png
: that is so awesome

I've never done anything like this before so I have some questions. Stupid I'm sure, but I don't know. I found the auction spot and I think I understand the process. But, how does this work exactly? How does Nikki get the funds? How do folks know that this is what we're doing? Please explain.
default_unsure.png
: I like to make wreaths and I thought I could share a lavender wreath I made last summer. I've never done EBay or anything so I'm really backward.
default_wacko.png
:
Chico
GREAT Q ... I feel foolish that I am just assuming you all know
default_rolleyes.gif
: sorry !

After you sign-up to the LB auction site AND when you list your your item...

you will have an option on how you want to get paid?

Most ..I am sure will go through Pay Pal (Nikki has a Pay Pal acct) so you have them forward it to Nikki's PayPal acct.

IF...they want to pay by other means...check...Money Order.. etc... it would be sent to Nikki OR Me ( I would forward it to Nikki )

As for people knowing about the auction....I will post it on the Back Porch & Mini Horse Forum...when we get it together.

We have a great group of people here and I think that our auctions will be successful.

We can also bid on the auctions as well....and HOPEFULLY more auction donations will be made.

***Another point I want to make is...when we do post an Auction.... make sure [SIZE=12pt]"Nikki"[/SIZE] is in the title

that way when anyone goes to the auction site...they can type in "NIKKI" in the "search" and find all the auctions for her cause.

Does this make sense you guys...please let me know?

I am hitting the hay...we have a long day tomorrow.
default_wacko.png
:

I'll be back on later tomorrow (Saturday)

*Chico...I will PM you tomorrow
default_smile.png
Teri

Thanks for the input. Thanks for the contact Teri!

Chico

Latest posts

Back