**Hey Everyone...Need some input/help...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
Hi guys...as we all know (or Maybe not know?) Nikki has been boarding some sick Filly's...one has Rhino and the other has a HORRIBLE skin infection. All Nikki's Barn Buddies have been exposed to these two.

Even Petunia who is due ANY day.

Nikki being the sweety she is...is trying along with her Hubby... to give these guys the care that they need. I can tell you, the Vet visits have been numerous and very costly. Not to mention all the extra bedding/bandages etc....

I was wondering ...can we as a group get together and donate Misc. stuff/junk/fun things for an auction?

It doesn't have to be something costly....it could be a "white elephant" type item even.

For those that donate to the auction the only dollar amount you would pay would be for shipping to the winner.

As an example...I was thinking of donating Summer Bulbs...Raspberry/Strawberry Plants ...I could go outside and dig-dig-dig
default_yes.gif
:

What do you all think???

Can we pull it off?

I would also like to get the Horse Forum involved too...if we have enough interest on our forum.

Thanks for taking time to read this...post your thoughts ...you can PM me as well...Teri

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in! I have a pink pony halter that doesn't fin my guys and it is just sitting here
default_smile.png
I am also willing to just donate some $$ if you set something up...

Julie, I have a pinned post for donations of money that goes directly into Nikki's paypal account. If a address is needed for those that dont use paypal~~ you can email me for that [email protected] Teri, GREAT idea, you can count me in on a donation too. I will pin a topic about the auction and anyone wishing to donate a item should post a picture. How do you want to do the winning payment? Corinne

You Guys are GREAT :aktion033:

Staci...you will soon love a Donk of your own....I see it in your future
default_yes.gif
:

NickNacs ... are PERFECT !!

A "Pink Halter" could go for GOLD !!

Just remember it could be...a "Secret" family recipe
default_wink.png
: *sent through the email*

a batch of cookies/candy/fudge
default_wub.png
:

ANYTHING...Candles/Tarts/Homemade Soap....ETC.....

Keep the thoughts & ideas coming :aktion033: Teri

Hmmmm, I am sure I could dig up something to donate, or at the very least, I could buy something!! LOL That is my favorite part, buying!! :eek:

Vicki

Vicki...you are a Nut :eek: lol !!

**By the way...I forgot to mention...my daughter Tiffanie is going to donate some "Hats" she will knit...she has one almost done
default_smile.png
She is so excited about this auction
default_yes.gif
:

I might be able to make some baby-size jester hats, or write up some lengthy essay on how to keep a Love In A Mist colony. For all the fact you basically do nothing I think five years of growing them might give me enough, haha.

Are we going to do that right here on the donkey forum? or are you setting it up in the LB auction area?

Y'all know I am always up to donate. What would you like, name it...bundle, jewelry or an empathic animal feel?

Are we going to do that right here on the donkey forum? or are you setting it up in the LB auction area?
Yes, I think this would be the perfect place
default_yes.gif
:

and all the monies received going into a Pay Pal acct.

*Great ideas so far :aktion033: Keep them coming....

**pass this thread along to others on the forum if they don't frequent the Donk forum often....

OR send to family & friends that might want to join the auction.

Either to Donate or Bid
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Count me in! :aktion033: I'm sure I can find some things around here to donate. I will keep checking back to find out what we need to do and how to do it! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]GREAT idea Teri!
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

I don't have anything to donate, just sent the results of the last tack room cleaning for a fun auction at the rescue we adopted the donkey boys from. But I'll get the old checkbook out when you get this baby up and running. Great idea and for a wonderful person too.

Hi Guys...I just checked out the LB auction site....it is really neat and will be perfect.

It looks as though if you have never participated in it ...you will need to join (I need too)

The fees are great
default_yes.gif
:

Fee Description[/COLOR]Sale TypeFeeAuto Repost Fee All Selling Types $0.00 USD Bold Listing Fee All Selling Types $0.00 USD Category Featured Fee All Selling Types $0.50 USD Final Value Fee All Selling Types 5.00%† Highlighted Listing Fee All Selling Types $0.00 USD Icon Fee All Selling Types $0.00 USD Image Hosting Fee All Selling Types $0.00 USD Image Preview Fee All Selling Types $0.50 USD Main Featured Fee All Selling Types $1.00 USD *[SIZE=8pt]% from highest value of starting price or reserve price[/SIZE]†[SIZE=8pt]% from final sale price[/SIZE]•[SIZE=8pt]Flat fee if the price is between the two numbers in parenthesis[/SIZE]

I don't really understand the "Image Preview fee?"

The "Final Value" fee is reasonable.

* And I think i
spacer.gif
f we all put in "Nikki" in the title discription for our items....Members...Friends & Family's will easily find the auctions for Nikki's cause.

I will post on "Back Porch" for donations and potential bidders as well once we work out more details.

[SIZE=18pt]So what do you all think???[/SIZE]

Hey...I just had an idea...I wonder if we all posted auctions under one acct. name?...that might be easier.

Something like "Nikki's Filly Fund" ...but I don't know? you have to fill out some personal info when you register? Hmmmm?

[SIZE=14pt]Any Idea's ??[/SIZE]

spacer.gif

I don't have anything to donate, just sent the results of the last tack room cleaning for a fun auction at the rescue we adopted the donkey boys from. But I'll get the old checkbook out when you get this baby up and running. Great idea and for a wonderful person too.

default_yes.gif
: She is a wonderful peep!

I AM FREINDS WITH NIKKI AND I KNOW WHAT SHE HAS BEEN GOING THRU WITH THIS WHOLE THING. I PLAN TO HELP HER ANYWAY I CAN TO GET HER HORSES VACCINATED AND WELL AGAIN ALSO. YOU GUYS ARE GREAT FOR HELPING HER OUT LIKE THIS. :aktion033: :aktion033: I HOPE EVERYONE GETS WELL SOON!

I would be happy to donate something too. Not sure what at this moment but I'll think of something.

Chico

:aktion033: [SIZE=14pt]ALL[/SIZE] of you are ABSOLUTELY the best :aktion033:

I will register tomorrow and going through the process, I am sure I will find some quirks about what I need to do different. My plan is to create a UserName/Password that we can all use to post our donations....

**You will have to PM me for the Password

OR

Email me with a download and I will post it for ya too
default_yes.gif
:

We have a [SIZE=14pt]great[/SIZE] group of Peeps here :aktion033:

As soon as I get the OK confirmation with the auction "UserName" etc...

I'll let you all know
default_yes.gif
:

:488: Hey...I think we might be "close" to ready!!

Thanks
default_yes.gif
: Teri

You probably want this all under one account name with all funds being sent to one account. Preferably Nikki's I would guess. Everyone would send their descriptions and pictures to one person, who would set it up under one account. Then when the auction is won, that person is responsible for letting both parties know who to pay and where to send. The donator pays shipping. I would be willing to help if needed. Also, do we need to run this by MaryLou or someone first? If we did then it would be ear marked as a fund raiser and that might make proceeds better!

I am set up for four items I think! Probably can scrape up a few more!

Latest posts

Back