He's coming Sunday-2/22!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendyluvsminis

Reaction score
I found Paolo on www.gotdonkey in December. Well, all the i's are dotted and t's crossed now, and he is coming on Sunday!!!! I am so excited, I could squeal! He has been an only equine in at the seller's farm in Southern IL since fall, but his lonely days are about over! I just can't wait to find out all of Paolo's little cute donkey things he does. He is being picked up around 1 pm on Saturday. And he will (God willing!) be here around 7 am Sunday! He will be eventually bred to(I don't want to have too many little ones per year & will rotate the mares) a red & white pinto mare (28"), silver-dapple Shetland Pony (she was a rescue, and is healthy now-not certain if she can get pregnant...36 inches) and dark brown 31 inch mare, and the little black (28") mare. He definately won't be lonely anymore!

handsomePaolo.jpg
farm2007066.jpg
farm2007217.jpg
farm2007008.jpg
moregypsy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Wendy, I can feel your excitment on getting him home, so go ahead and squeal ! I know I would be if it was something I had waited for. I couldnt get your first pic to come up..the rest came through good. I wanna see him !
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
Did you get hit with another snowstorm today, we sure did
default_no.gif

Corinne

Paolo-winter2009atRussells.jpg
snazzyPaolo.jpg
ozark_silver_eagle_pic.jpg
Here is Paolo's sire. Ozark Silver Eagle from Texas Sunset Farms. Love those big ears!!!!

I actually read the directions on how to post pictures, and it worked! Here is a winter view and early fall view. With and with/out winter coat! My Avatar shows my new miniature horse stallion. I really need to have two names with two Avatars, cuz it looks bad, me posting my donkey stuff, with a mini-horse avatar. I can't wait to see how Paolo gets along with my two donkey geldings. We added a 5 month old donkey jack last year, (since sold), and the "boys" were resentful and crabby! Paolo is more their size and age, (still at least 1 year younger and 2 inches smaller) so it will be interesting to see if they play! I will watch them closely, to make sure they get along. When I start breeding him, I will take him away from the gelding. He'll have his own area for him and his mares!

Yes, we did get quite a bit of snow today! I'm so tired of this winter!!!

Congrats on your new friend, he is a beauty!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

So glad to hear that others are still suffering with winter storms, we are having our 10th as I post
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Congrats on your new friend, he is a beauty!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
So glad to hear that others are still suffering with winter storms, we are having our 10th as I post
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
Thank you! Yes, we have another storm headed our way. Up to 6 inches coming tomorrow night! It must colder though, where you are! I am so tired of hauling water to the barn. We did not get the two outdoor pumps moved into the barns by winter,like we had hoped, and boy, am I paying for it now!

They're all adorable, but of course I am particularly fond of that spotted donkey
default_wub.png
He is perfect!! If you find any twin to him, send him over just west of you to Missouri
default_wink.png
We will need a handsome boy next year!

They're all adorable, but of course I am particularly fond of that spotted donkey
default_wub.png
He is perfect!! If you find any twin to him, send him over just west of you to Missouri
default_wink.png
We will need a handsome boy next year!
Thank you! Well, I am going to have to wait a few days longer--we have bad weather in Northern Indiana, where the shipper is coming from and Northern Illinois, where I live! So, now we are looking at Tuesday or Wednesday! Paolo was bred at Texas Sunset Farms, that's where his both of his parents are. They have quite a few nice donkeys for sale. Paolo's dam is named Pia, my 20 year old daughter's name is Pria! I keep telling her that I am going to contact them about changing the jennet's name to Pria! She is not amused!!!

Paolo finally arrived today! He is very cute, but seems tiny! He is 32 inches, while my other donkey gelding boys are 34" and 37". He is not filled out yet, but is quite correct! And sweet! And is raping the geldings! He has not bred a mare yet, but he has bred 2 geldings! I moved the geldings and left little Paolo in with the large Paint, who is docile, but will keep him on his toes! I'm so glad he is here! And I just found out today, my miniature horse stallion, who I am supposed to get in May (so they could breed him for the last time to some of their mares) is coming March 15th! So much excitement!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Here's a few pictures of him with his "big friend" and meeting the cats. He really likes cats! He has the sweetest disposition--extremely friendly!"

Paoloathisnewhome009.jpg

Paoloathisnewhome006.jpg
Paoloathisnewhome005.jpg

Latest posts

Back