Meet RockE, new gelding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candycar

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
28 July My girls got a little brother ! Thanks to my good friend who just didn't have time for him and wanted him to go to a good home. He is TINY compared to my mares! I haven't measured him yet, or received/updated his AMHR papers, but he's about 5 yrs old and 30 inches tall.

The introductions went pretty good. Jelly Bean and CoCo Puff didn't have a problem, but Lexy decided to act like Boss Mare in heat. Lots of squealing, stomping, prancing and tail swishing. We kept him separate for the first day. He got to stay in the pasture, all night separated by a gate. Now they get along fine, just a lot of figuring out feeding time positions.

He is used to pasture 24/7 and will have to get used to our turnout schedule. I'd leave him out all the time but he gets lonely and wants his new herd close! He was kept with biggie mares so is used to dodging hooves and teeth.

I've already started his "make over" and will assess his training when he settles in.

007a.jpg

003a.jpg

Latest posts

Back