Help Vacuum Died

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
I know we have discussed this before but now it is my turn as my Kenmore Upright has given up the ghost for green pastures.

I've been doing lots of research but the more I do the more questions I have.

Dyson is out as I feel it is overpriced for the way it is made and we have them here at work so took the Dyson 33 home to try out. It did a great job of getting all the "dirt" out of my "clean" carpets--yuck!! but right now out of the price range anyway.

I've been looking at the Bissell's and have never owned one and there are two that are interesting--the Bissell Cleanview Helix and the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser, both bagless which is a requirement. I also stumbled on the LG Kompressor Pet Care Bagless which also peeked my interest--has a 4 star rating.

Any one have any suggestion or input on the vacuum they are using. Have 4 small inside short haired dogs and 3 inside cats so pet hair removal is a must.

Thanks all information would be appreciated. Have owned Kirby and Kenmore in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help with the vacuum but you gave me quit a turn when I read your post title.

So many sad things happening at the moment I thought this was announcing another.
default_saludando.gif

Oh so sorry for your loss...heehe
default_biggrin.png
can't help you we have a built in vac picks up everything love it never had a problem in 15 years but did get a new longer hose at one point...pain walking from one outlet to another for just a few feet left to do in a room..l have a Bissell now for shampooing the carpet and l like it the best of what l've bought before really does clean better...not sure about the vac's though.

Well, I'm one of the ones who asked this same question in the past couple of years. I took all the advice here, did a bunch of research, and compared functions and value. I ended up with a Kenmore Upright Direct Drive vacuum and have been very happy with it. It doesn't use belts, so that was a big plus, in my opinion. Might be worth researching for yourself if this one would work for you.

Jayne

So sorry that your vacume died..then do that. Best vacume to buy 100% is a Kirby, but they are heavy to pack around and heavy on the pocket book, but they rarely ever die..another excellent light weight vacume is a Ricar. My vacume man who fixes all and sells all, says don't EVER buy a vacume without a bag!...I have both the Kirby and Ricar. Love them both for different reasons...

Good Luck,

Jenny

Do NOT buy the dirt devil Ultra vision bagless vacuum. I hate mine. The cord is weird, comes out down near the wheels of the vacuum and it is always in the way, and I hate the bagless, pouring out dirt into a bag and having it fluff up in my face... yuck. Doesn't suck up dirt worth a darn either. I have an ancient upright I bought at a garage sale for $10 that is on it's last legs and it works better than the dirt devil.

I will be watching this post for recommended vacuums

my old one is a sharp twin energy... don't know if they make them anymore... I have beat it to death and it is great, just getting very old..

Last edited by a moderator:
Look up Consumer Reports' ratings of vacumns. As I recall, certain Hoover 'wind tunnel' models, and I *think*, some Kenmores, are among the highest rated....

Margo

Latest posts

Back