DIY-ers & Re-purposers... help!?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poniesrule

Reaction score
Ok, so I am a class A tightwad, & HATE spending money, anyone else? So my husband is my polar opposite... he bought this bag when he was in Japan last year, then decided he hates it, so he threw it out. Now, I'm not one to let a bag, of all things, go to waste, but this thing is huge! It's 25" long, 13" tall & 13" wide (picture 1, 2 year old supplied for size reference hee hee!). And it's floppy. But it has great pockets & has a handle with wheels so you can pull it! (pictures 2 & 3) I was thinking of turning it into a harness bag for my 2 mini harnesses. I'm a very visual person, so have a hard time picturing what it will look like in the end & how it will work. I think both full sets will fit in there if I hang/secure them from the top with the pulling handle (picture 4). Any ideas on how to give it a little structure inside without adding weight? I'm thinking I would need to add a divider, something slightly padded, or soft with some solid shape to it too. I'm planning to use Velcro strips to hang from, just because I have a bunch of that laying around... I already have a plan to add "feet" to the bottom so it will stay standing upright. Ok, let your thoughts flow!

And maybe this won't work at all... but I'm still keeping the bag!

Thanks for your ideas & opinions!

-Megan

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

When I saw the bag I immediately thought it would make a great harness bag. When you get it figured out, let us know how it looks.

Yeah I agree with Lucky seven! That's a nice bag I would have snatched that right out of the garbage!
default_thumbup.gif
Sorry I have no ideas to help but cant wait to see it done! Good luck!

Bummer jacks'thunder... I was hoping your creative mind would LEAP to the rescue!! Haha!

I've been raiding my husbands workplace... I found some PVC sheeting that isn't too heavy, may build a removable box inside. hmmmmm....

Lowes and Home Depot sell styrafoam insulation in packages of five pieces that are about 18 inches wide and three feet long, you can cut them to fit with a razor knife. they are about an inch thick.You could use that inside to form it up. Maybe use a long needle with thread to tack up the top and bottom.

For years I've used a plastic rolling suitcase as a harness bag, so I know that what you have will work great. With your PVC I would cut a piece to fit the bottom. This alone should give you the shape you need, but you could also fit a piece to fit the back. Or, if your back band does not have a tree and the PVC is flexible, you could cut strips the length of the bag plus the height of both sides. Put this in the bottom of the bag, with each end coming up the sides. Place the back saddle upside-down on the plastic strip, then tuck the breast collar inside the saddle. Traces, breeching and lines could be folded inside, then the bridle could sit on top. If you sew, you could make a lightly padded cover for the plastic. (You could also use cardboard inside a padded cover.)

Another great use for this bag would be as a spares kit, although the wheels would then be extraneous.

Latest posts

Back