help straightening out paperwork

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionafarm

Reaction score
We recently bought back a horse we once owned from an auction. It was a mare with a foal on her side. Unfortionately the paperwork is a disaster and I am trying to straighten it out. We were told the baby had application for registration papers, but it came with nothing, not even a breeders certifiate or stallion report. I recently found out who the sire is. The mare came with AMHA papers and transfer papers with a different name than who I bought the horse from. She did not come with AMHR papers and since we had originally owned her I know that she had AMHR papers as I am the one who registered her. At this point am asking if anyone can please look up Iona Farm's Bright Sparkler in the AMHR stud books and let me know who she is registered to so that maybe I can get her paperwork straightened out. Thanks for the help

It got a little unmessy fast, you still own her according to AMHR. Oh and she is Iona Bright Sparkler, the Farm part isn't in her name.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was handy !!lol its a familiar story though , most horses I have bought have paperwork that needs sorting out
yes.gif

It sounds like the person who took her to the auction never transferred her into their names. Is the last name of the papers and the "owner" listed on the papers the same? If so, you can just transfer her into your name. If not, you will have to go to whoever is listed as the last owner and get a transfer form.

The filly will need a breeder cert from the stallion owner. You will also need to make sure the mare was listed on the stallion report, if not there will need to be an updated report ($$).

Thanks for the look -up. that simplifies part of the problem. since I posted I have found the owner of the stallion (that sired the baby)-to find that she was not the stallion owner at the time of breeding. But that former owner has agreed to sign all pertinent forms. Now I find that the mare also changed hands after getting pregnant and we need to find her owner at the time of breeding. Someone is working with me to try to get this straightened out too. But at least I have the mare's papers straightened out now. too bad all couldn't get done before JAN 1 so that we didn't have to pay all the extra registration fees. Thanks again for the help.

Latest posts

Back