HELP PLEASE!!! URGENT!!!! Puppy may die if I don't get help!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am NOT A VET HOWEVER, I have VET TECH experience and I totally agree with the others here! These little ones need to see a VET RIGHT NOW! PLEASE! Like others have said they may not be able to be saved, but at least you will hopefully get to the bottom of this.

I dont know if anyone else noticed in the photos on this thread, but that white pup does appears a little thin in the photo so maybe something was happening a few days ago. Maybe?

Please let us know what happens and good luck with saving the rest of the pups and I just hope its nothing contagious for your sake. :no:

Good Luck!

Jeri

You are responsible for them as it was your (your mom or whomever bred them) decision to bring them into this world. Whether or not they survive, it is your duty to provide vet care immediately. If you cannot afford to pay a vet, turn them over to a rescue or a shelter that can do the right thing.

I am sorry to sound harsh, but this really strikes a nerve when people don't do the proper thing. I don't see how they can go from nearly dead to fine when people say to take to vet.

I AGREE!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

This makes me so sad and upset. Please try to convince your mom that if you don't have the funds for vet care, than perhaps you shouldn't breed again. I'm sure that whatever those pups had/have - they suffered, and that is not right.

There are already more dogs and cats in this world than there are homes that want them, anyway.

I do wish you and these pups well. I also grew up on a farm where companinon animals did not get the best vet care because my parents didn't make it a financial priority, and they learned that from their parents before them. I stopped that cycle when I became an adult. I hope that you do as well.

How sad for those pups :no:

They should have had a vets attention days ago.

Don't wait any longer...no one should own a pet of any kind if they can't properly afford their care.

That is the very reason I don't have a zoo.

I have to agree with Kay:

I would have been taking those pups into the vet so fast it would make your head spin. If i take the responsibility of breeding a dog then I am also responsible for the puppies health no matter what the cost. That is part of being a responsible breeder.
I hope those pups see a vet very soon. And pleasse rethink your breeding program. There are so many puppies out there that need good homes
default_sad.png

I'm not real knowledgeable when it comes to dogs but it sounds to me like the bitch's milk might be bad. What I DO KNOW is that YOU NEED TO TAKE THE PUPS AND THE BITCH TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY! :no: I agree with everyone else here in that you shouldn't be breeding dogs or any other animal if you don't want to have or can't afford the financial responsibility for their health. I'm sure that the pups are suffering so you need to either take them to a vet or you need to turn them and the bitch over to a rescue shelter ASAP! :no:

I truely hope that the the bitch and the surviving pups make it!

I would also think it is best to not breed any more dogs at this point till you know what is wrong. I am not sure sure it has to do with her milk as this is happening to 2 different litters

Whatever it is and whatever is causing it the one thing we are all united on is this:

[SIZE=18pt]PLEASE get the puppies to a Vet.[/SIZE]

You bred them, you are responsible for them.

If pups from more than one litter are affected you need a Vet.

I am sorry, you won't like what I have to say but I agree with many people here. When an animal is that sick and you have some of the liter dying, I don't understand why you haven't sought qualified medical intervention IMMEDIATELY by a vet. These pups didn't ask to be born, you are breeding them in order to sell them I assume and therefore you are morally responsible to give them the necessary care and at this point with what is going on you haven't done this. Sorry if this upsets you but withholding necessary medical care is just not acceptable from someone who breeds animals. If your family doesn't have the funds at the moment for vet care I am sure you can make some kind of arrangement with the vet, these puppies lives depend on YOU. If it's because your family doesn't want to spend the necessary $$ then please do the animals a favor, don't breed them anymore.

If already having puppies die isn't enough to make someone think it is time to call a vet what will? :no: what is the clue that the time for a vet call has come, when the mom finally gets sick and might die and not be able to provide more puppies in the future? So sad. I hope the rest of the puppies make it ok, but they really should be taken to a vet.

And there are so many animals being put down every day because they are unwanted and there are not enough homes for them all... if one can't provide the best medical care for the moms and babies what kind of start in life is that? That doesn't improve their chances of staying out of the incinerator any at all.

:no:

OK sounds like NO Vet,

So sorry guys will give HELP.....Puppies are dyeing and looks like not going to VET

What you need to do is put them on a heating pad must be kept warm and give mom and the puppies pen. G shots, puppies under the skin dose depends on size .5 cc. for pups and 1.cc for mom.

Keep them warm milk supplement if possible, make sure mom is licking pups by putting cheese whiz or peanut butter on rumps to get mom to help get their bowels moving. :new_shocked:

Just hate to see puppies dye. If they get too the vet the vet will give or you can pick up Lactated ringers injection ( which is electrolytes IV ) need 6cc under the skin asap every hour until they can get eating on their own again.

They are dehydrating & too week to eat. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we deworm everyone regularally, and we do vaccinate our dogs we've just been bad about it lately. I do admit that we need to get on top of that. Well my mom does anyways.
Vaccinating a dog you plan on breeding is just plain common sense. I know you said these were inside dogs that don't go anywhere, but unless they stay indoors 100% of the time and YOU never leave the house either then they ARE exposed. You can bring these diseases in to the house on your shoes! Raccoons carry distemper! Just because a dog is an indoor dog doesn't mean it's protected.

And we have the vet ready to call if we feel we should, my mom is very knowledgable and I trust that she knows if a vet is needed.
Sorry, but if puppies have been dying then that means a vet was needed days ago when the first puppies started dying. A necropsy on the first pup could have potentially given you enough information to save the rest of the puppies.

Sorry, but if you can't afford the veterinary care to properly care for your animals then you shouldn't be breeding them.

Thank you all for the advice and I would like to say that if I were the adult here I would have taken the pups to the vet RIGHT AWAY and would do WHATEVER it takes to make sure that they were taken care of and would do EVERYTHING I could to keep them alive, take them to the vet and everything else. BUT I'm not the adult here, I've tried convincing my mother to call and take them to the vet but she won't. There is nothing more I can do but to pray for them and trust God, He'll do what's best and won't let me down, He never has, never will. He knows what's best for the puppies and He can save them or let them die, but He's in control. I don't know or understand all the reasons why my mom wont' take them to the vet but I've just got to pray and do the best that I can for them. I agree with you all that if we are to breed dogs them we should take responsibility for them and their lives and do whatever it takes to keep them alive, its our responsibility as breeders. I dont' know what my mom is thinking. But please understand that if it were me I would have taken them to the vet a long time ago!!! I'm only 15 and can't drive yet and dont' have any money, otherwise I probably would have taken them to the vet myself. As for how the puppies are doing we lost two and have one left that is doing a lot better, we've been giving her shots of fluids, keeping her warm, and she's doing MUCH better! I hope that she'll make it. Please understand where I am coming from, I would have taken them to the vet a LONG time ago. Please send your prayers and thoughts to this little one! She is improving, slowly. I will be discussing the issues of regular vaccinating and worming with my mom. Things would be totally different if it were me!!! Thank you for the advice and prayers!!!

I do feel for you but really you should be discussing the responsibilities of breeding with your Mother- those bitches should never be bred again if she is willing to sit there and let this happen rather than shell out for a Vet.

I know she is your mother but this is despicable behaviour.

She is NOT a Vet she could be in trouble with the law for treating the pups as she is.

She should not be breeding if she is not willing to foot the bills involved.

THIS JUST MAKES ME SICK !
default_torch.gif
:
default_torch.gif
: :no: :no:

YIKES! :new_shocked: I just thought of something!! :new_shocked: I believe there is a FOAL COMING IN "07" TOO! :new_shocked:

I PRAY FOR THAT FOAL!!!!!
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: I just hope they get medical treatment for the minis if its needed......... :no:

default_frusty.gif
:
default_frusty.gif
: :deadhorse2: :deadhorse2:

Jeri

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE...IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING AND I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST FEEL HELPLESS. I AM SORRY THAT YOU WEREN'T ABLE TO CONVINCE YOUR MOTHER TO TAKE THEM TO THE VET BUT BY THE SOUNDS OF IT YOU KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT BUT YOUR HANDS ARE TIED. THE PUPS WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND SO WILL YOUR MOTHER. NIKKI

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE...IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING AND I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST FEEL HELPLESS. I AM SORRY THAT YOU WEREN'T ABLE TO CONVINCE YOUR MOTHER TO TAKE THEM TO THE VET BUT BY THE SOUNDS OF IT YOU KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT BUT YOUR HANDS ARE TIED. THE PUPS WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS AND SO WILL YOUR MOTHER. NIKKI

Thank you for understanding, it means a lot to me!

Latest posts

Back