Help Opossum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice

Reaction score
We are going to be cutting our hay next week, was at the barn to get it ready for the hay I went to move a bale of hay and a opossum head pop up. When I got close I could see she had babies. She has to go but I don't want to kill her an the babies.

Anyone have any ideas how to get her out with out hurting them.

Thanks Alice

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gee whiz Alice they have to go.

I couldn't swat a fly either so try calling Animal Control or SPCA or anyone, or even your Ag Extention office but they need to get out of there.

I had possums at my house last year and was not going to kill them. I went to Home Depot and bought a humane trap (non-kill) - it's a big cage with a spring loaded door. I put a plate of wet catfood in the trap and within a few days, I caught the possums and relocated them. Originally I called Animal Control, but they told me they would destroy the possums once they caught them, so that was not an option for me.

Good luck,

Liz R.

Last edited by a moderator:
We move the bales of hay by where the opossum had made her home last night this morning she had moved out. We have looked everywhere in the barn she is not there. Hope she found a good home. (lol) thanks to everyone ideas. Alice

Back