HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew a dwarf with a small tiny hole for a cleft palate, lived for 18 months before losing her to unrelated colic she got cast in the stall and twisted her gut. Ate food normally, hay, grass etc. There was always green (grass and alfalfa) stuff in her nose but was constantly watched for signs on pneumonia or anything that might be abnormal for her, she coughed and sneezed a good bit but still ran and played etc. Vets at a equine surgery center missed it originally, she even hauled in the trailer for an 12 hour ride to move to a new farm with no problems (she was in a box stall loose)

Karen

Hi Kayla,

If you want a second opinion, our vet lives in Rutland. She is primarily an equine vet. Let me know if you would like more info. I have my fingers crossed for your little filly.

How is your filly doing? Is she still normal, except for the nasil discharge? Hoping that Dr. Taylor sees this and responds. I'm hoping she is the same or improved and not getting any worse. I've been thinking of her all weekend and she is in my prayers to Saint Francis.

How is your filly doing? Is she still normal, except for the nasil discharge? Hoping that Dr. Taylor sees this and responds. I'm hoping she is the same or improved and not getting any worse. I've been thinking of her all weekend and she is in my prayers to Saint Francis.

She is still doing the same, running playing etc...We are giving her time being only just 2 weeks old. and trying to find places for 2nd opinion!

She is still doing the same, running playing etc...We are giving her time being only just 2 weeks old. and trying to find places for 2nd opinion!
Thank you for the speedy response, I am so hoping for a happy ending for your baby, as I had last year. When I get some pictures I'll post them of my premmie filly that was born with an open palete that has now closed. she is so pretty and most important healthy. I can only hope you have the same outcome, as these little ones are so precious and treasured. I am also gratful that I saw this post and stopped you from sending her over the rainbow bridge to soon and am grateful that you are getting a second opinion hopefully from an equine vet that has experience with this condition in mini's. From my heart, don't give up yet, if she is happy and frolicing, playing, eating and acting like a baby, there is always hope, hang in there. If she is suffering you will know. Please don't give up on her yet. I hoping you receive good news soon and please keep us posted.

Did you see my post? Port Leyden is NOT that far from Rutland. Pm me if you'd like our vet's number for that second opinion. She has helped me out numerous times over the years.

Karin

Did you see my post? Port Leyden is NOT that far from Rutland. Pm me if you'd like our vet's number for that second opinion. She has helped me out numerous times over the years.

Karin
Kayla, you not even need to pay for a second opinion, if you call Karin's vet, you may be able to explain it all over the phone. I's worth a try.

Back