Help me guess if my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
l took this picture a few days ago of my 350 day 8 year old mare who l've been watching for the past 3 weeks. She's actually had a fair sized bag once a one sided bag twice. l swear she has shifted her belly weight from left to right a million times...so where's the foal??? Or do you think she is even preggers??

She was vet checked this morning and l know if she is or isn't...would you?? :bgrin

nofoalday351.jpg

3071.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She sure looks pregnant but from your email I am wondering if it is a false pregnancy and she is just HUGE! tee hee.. I can't wait to find out the answer.

Well hey, c'mon! Let us know!

That said, she could or could not be pregnant. The Andalusian mare in my barn was that big, she was finally vet checked as "open" at 345 days. We figure she must have slipped the foal, and an animal must have dragged the body off. She is in a box stall with a small run, so we would have known otherwise if she aborted. She had been checked in foal six months prior.

Andrea

All I can say is, she'd BETTER be pregnant, with a wide load like that, lol!
default_yes.gif
:

I have a mare that should be at 351 days and I'm wondering with her too. I swear I felt something bopping around in her when I clipped her belly, but she still isn't really bagging (tho her bag changes from day to day, very weird) and no relaxation to speak of in her vulva. Her last foal was my longest gestation ever, 347 days, so a long gestation wouldn't be abnormal for her; in fact, last time I questioned whether she was pregnant or not very late in her pregnancy.

These mare sure know how to play with us don't they?
default_wacko.png
:

She has got to be prego
default_smile.png
or she is like my mare and needs to work of the winter pounds:) I can't wait to hear if she is!!!

LOL I would have to hope the vet had some good news... because if not, you might want a back up siren on her
default_wink.png
:

Kat

She's HUGE :new_shocked: I hope she's Pregnant. I have seen a mini that looked that way and ended up being open. She's larger than my mare that is due to foal sometime in may or june....

Come on tell us. I'm aching to know.

No fair have been watching this thread since yesterday and we still dont know IS she or ISNT she? I have a mare who looked alot like her and she was NOT in foal instead has a IR problem. So my guess is no.

THERE'S NO ONE LIVING lN THERE... she's had blood pulled so hopefully next week we'll know something. But l really thought she was in foal even after her due date came and went she usually foals around 310 days so day 350 made me a little suspicious..plus the fact she started to steal the other moms foals and not give them back without a big fight from her. :bgrin

Aw even though I guessed No I was hoping for you that the answer was yes but she does look alot like my girl did and the first order of business was a severe diet in fact I was afraid to do it but vet said either I do it or he would take her to the clinic and they would be sure she was put on Jenny Craig so I did and I was amazed at the difference in a very short time.

OH MY! I certainly thought she looked pregnant - shows how much "looks" can be deceiving!

HMM! Now, this has me wondering about a couple of my mares?
default_unsure.png
:

[SIZE=12pt]Hi-[/SIZE]

I have a mare that fooled me too this year. She was ultrasounded in foal at 21 days. She sure looks pg, but when she didn't start bagging up, I got suspicious, as she has had her previous babies at least 4 weeks early. I had her palpated a couple of weeks ago (she would have been due 4/24) and NO baby. What a disappointment. She is on a crash diet. I also had blood pulled for a thyroid check just to make sure there is no problem. Gypsy has always been an extremely easy keeper. Sometimes it seems like she could live on a couple bites of grain. Oh well, we'll try again this year.

Good luck to all those other FAT girls.

Barbie

Back