HELP I'm addicted

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
Okay so I've been out of the saddle for quite some time now. Lately I've been thinking back to how much fun I used to have, so I called up some old "big horse" friends. Now I'm sitting here wishing I had a big horse so I could go riding. God how I miss riding. Don't get me wrong, I love my little guys and would never sell them, but still I'm wishing I had a larger horse.

I'm also thinking about how I need to find myself a mare who will make a good match with Chip. So I sit here pouring over "For Sale" ads of both Miniatures and QHs and Paints.

Help I'm addictted and don't have the money or space right now, LOL! Is there a group I can attend to get me over thsi fedish.
wub.gif

Erin

My love with horses started at an early age and they have been a part of my life forever. I grew up showing big horses at the age of 2 (lead line class of course) and got into minis when my parents purchased some when I was around 10. I'm afraid there is no cure (at least I haven't found it, but I don't want to either). I always tell everyone, once it's in your blood it never goes away.
biggrin.gif

You can join my group...the "Too many horses, can't part with them, love them, should sell them, not enough room" group. Or...maybe you could borrow my broke mare and ride her (get over the need/fettish) then I don't have to sell her. And look....you're in Oregon too.
wink.gif

Is there a group I can attend to get me over this fetish.
Well, it certainly isn't this one!~

But, we DO understand.

I'm with you, I miss my Arabian mare, but I don't have room right now to have a riding horse. Maybe in the future.

It's fun to shop and dream, as long as you do realize the limitations, because there is nothing more miserable than having to sell a horse you thought you had the room and resources to have in the first place. I know from whence I speak.

There will come a time when you can add to your herd, both big and small, and you will know when that is.

smile.gif

And when it DOES come, you will know just the places to shop thanks to your diligent research.

Liz M.

What about trading a mini for a paint? wish you were closer---we could work it out!
laugh.gif

jennifer
saludando.gif

Hmmmmm....looking for help with horse addiction on a mini-horse forum......
unsure.gif
Now, my parent's could help with that since they've never "got " my addiction to horses. Now that I'm into minis they've come around some and agree they're pretty special.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

If you find a group let me know
biggrin.gif

I love my little guys but there is no way I can go with out riding.... Its been terrible only being able to ride once or twice a week the past 4 months with baby Image trailing behind on lead, Im so happy he is 4 months old now, ive started to leave him him and take my dailey ride again! BUT my joy will be short lived because once gun season comes there is no ridding for a few weeks.

And I also spend hours and hours looking for new horses (That I dont really need but simply must have)
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

New_Image said:
If you find a group let me know 
biggrin.gif

I love my little guys but there is no way I can go with out riding.... Its been terrible only being able to ride once or twice a week the past 4 months with baby Image trailing behind on lead, Im so happy he is 4 months old now, ive started to leave him him and take my dailey ride again! BUT my joy will be short lived because once gun season comes there is no ridding for a few weeks.

And I also spend hours and hours looking for new horses (That I dont really need but simply must have) 
wub.gif

wub.gif

wub.gif

wub.gif

wub.gif

489406[/snapback]

before i got into minis i had a thouroghbred [too fast] a irish draft [too big] an 11.2 pony [nearly killed me ] i was told it was driving and had to run it into a wall to stop him as he went full gallop down a busy main road. long story......... but I still do get an inkling then i wake up and smell the coffee all that cleaning out .all the big tack all the big blankets. why not go to a riding school and borrow a horse at least that way you can hand it back
smile.gif

I understand! I still have two big horses, and they will be with us until they die. However, riding really hurts my knee (injury due to the QH mare after she was stung by a bee!), so I don't do it often anymore. Riding is my first love, but now I make do with driving and working the minis, and the occasional ride on one of my "big girls." Driving just can't compare to a great ride on a great horse!!!!

CAM said:
You can join my group...the "Too many horses, can't part with them, love them, should sell them, not enough room" group. Or...maybe you could borrow my broke mare and ride her (get over the need/fettish) then I don't have to sell her. And look....you're in Oregon too. 
wink.gif

489041[/snapback]

I am definitely in that group!!

Borrowing that mare sounds like a SUPER idea.
yes.gif

I have two big horses, but I've had to keep them at a brother-in-law's place for over a year now-- just no room for them here and I don't have a riding buddy to ride with right now. But I sure don't want to sell them, I do like to ride too, and I also feel very responsible for my two geldings, they were bred by me and I've owned them all their lives. One is 16 and one is 10. When we move (hopefully next spring) I will have plenty of room for them .

I know just how you feel! I want to add one more mare but have to wait until I can afford what I want. Does that mean I'll never buy her?
ohmy.gif

Latest posts

Back