Help/Advice - thunderstorms

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reble, that's good to know.

We have one of our dogs who HATES thunder and the sound of gunshots..... She is a type of dog that needs a "den" and that is my closet. We sleeps in there and when there's a loud noise that's where she goes for safety.

My parents' bearded collies are frantic over thunderstorms (a/k/a The Thunder Monster). They've had two prescriptions from the vet, but don't think they've helped (xanax and valium, I think). They may not have given it early enough, or they may just want to think it doesn't work out of worry about giving drugs (I haven't seen them on the medicine myself).

I saw the link for the "Storm Defender Cape" here and just emailed that to Mom in case it could help Murphy and Riley. A friend was just telling me about something similiar, called a "Thundershirt" (name cracks me up) -- http://www.inthecomp...ch=thundershirt .

Today, I actually may be going over to Mom & Dad's to "babysit" because they have to take their little dog to the vet's and we're worried there might be thunderstorms while they're gone. They live 50 miles from me, but I love my fur brothers and don't want my parents to worry. It is really something how frantic Murphy and Riley get, and I don't want my parents "racing" to get home worried about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back