Hello! Newbie from the UK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome!!
default_saludando.gif
I love your horses & ponies! They look so happy!

I'm glad you've decided to join in and post!
default_smile.png

Hello Everyone, what a welcome from all over the world. I've never been further than Europe!!

Thank you for your kind comments about my girls and Dennis.

I've looked at a lot of your websites and WOW double WOW, you have some pretty amazing horses
default_wub.png

AnnaC - I judged at Sharon's September show (19 classes of Mini's!) this year and she invited me to meet her herd. Derek said that I'd end up getting a Mini!! Anyway when I met her boys Mo took a shine to me following me around, next thing I knew we'd struck a deal and home he came with me. He's been an absolute star, he is such a nice person, even though he's a stallion he does not bite, has manners and behaves in many ways like an arab. I took him to a show today and he got a 1st and 5th and apart from being a fidget he was well behaved.

Dennis was destined for great things, he was shown under saddle by Lucinda Sims and trained by Robert Pickles FBHS but he was kicked in Dec 05 resulting in a subchondral bone cyst in his shoulder joint, this was operated on in June 06 and he's had various treatments along the way including IRAP and extensive physio and rehab. The picture was taken in September 07. It was only the 5th time he'd been ridden in the last 15 months. I don't know what the future holds as his latest xrays indicate that the cyst is reforming which is devastating news.

Sassy - your ponies are lovely
default_yes.gif
. Minnie has won many Championships although I haven't shown her myself I do hope to show her in Veteran classes - do you have those in Australia?

Hi and welcome from Kansas! Your horses and ponies look so nice!

I enjoyed the UK once - it is a lovely, lovely place
default_biggrin.png

Enjoy the Forum!

Peggy

www.albahurst.com

WELCOME!!

I enjoyed your pictures very much...
default_yes.gif

Hello from sunny Arizona!!! Love Dennis! They all look healthy and happy!
default_smile.png
Welcome!!

As you all seem taken with Dennis I thought I'd share some more pics with you

Hospital20Looking20Cute.jpg

102_0451.jpg

102_0439.jpg

20-11-05zebedee.jpg

DennisCrofton1.jpg

Hi again Perissa,

we don't get many show that hold Veteran classes although our Victorian All Shetland Show has a Veteran Stallion and a Mare class and a Championship for them.

Lovely photos of Dennis.
default_smile.png

Morning Vera - what brill pics!

Not only is Dennis my favourite colour for a horse, he is just so beautiful as well.

Congrats on Mo's showing efforts too.

Lovely sunny day here up our mountain in Wales, hope the sun is shining for you too after the last few awful days we have had here.

Anna

Hello and Welcome from hot and sunny Arizona. I just LOVE Dennis.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I used to own an Arabian (or should I say he owned me) before the minis. He was 34 yrs young when he died. Here is a pic of my boy Schar.

Schar.jpg

Robin

Congratulations on Mystro's win ( what class ?) sorry, I don't think I will ever get used to Morris
default_unsure.png
I told you he would be a good boy. I can't wait to see him in his summer coat next year ( more spots ??). With regard to your other thread he may just be a little shy with your bigger boy around. Remember he has never been near mares so has not yet worked out what they are for
default_wink.png
He used to ' drop' at home when playing with the other boys and when he was relaxed.

Welcome to the forum from SE PA. I hope you enjoy the forum & you should learn much knowledgable stuff, if you haven't already!!
default_biggrin.png

Anna - It is absolutely chucking it down in south Hampshire and awful weather forecast for the whole weekend
default_sad.png

Robin - WOW -what a kind face Schar had, aren't they so easy to love
default_yes.gif
What's his breeding?

Sharon - Thankyou, he won the Coloured and Spotted class, the judge asked me why he was plaited!! Lots of people commented on his floating trot - I couldn't resist running him up like a pure bred knowing that he would really stretch out!

Thank you once again everyone for the welcome, I have already learned so much from reading everyone's posts
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back