Hello from Dunpainted ..... Now in Nevada

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DunPainted

Reaction score
Hello to My Mini Friends......
default_saludando.gif

Our move from our farm NE Wisconsin to Northern Nevada (30 miles south of Carson City) in September has taken some adjustment. Not having horse chores and visiting with my "little, furry" friends throughout the day has taken quite an adjustment. Fortunately we live in a sagebrush neighborhood where folks keep their "big" horses. Haven't seen a single mini or pony since our arrival. If anyone in the Topaz Ranch area has a mini and wishes to extend an invitation to visit so as to get a "mini fix".... it'd sure make a grey hair gal happy!

My son, David, is now 15 years old and thoroughly enjoying his new environment and making friends at a terrific school. What's nice is their curriculum for him (has Asbergers Syndrome) is no different than his peers..... college prep. The warmer climate allows him to exercise more, thus keep his blood glucose numbers (diabetic) in check.

Because our backyard backs up to BLM land, I hope to someday purchase a riding mule and join friends on a stroll through the hills in our area. Guess everyone can have a dream.
default_rolleyes.gif

Take care and feel free to send photos of your foals..... I really miss that part of my life.

God bless,

Cindy

[email protected]

I am in the Reno area and have minis. I know there are some people in the dayton and Silver Springs area. Actually there are more and more minis in the Northern Nevada area with minis. Just no clubs.

Glad to see or read you around Cindy. I was wondering how you and your son are doing

Best wishes

Anita

Hi Cindy!

Im in Northern Nevada too (Fallon).

There is LOTS of Mini owners here in Fallon and quite a few in the suronding areas.

TRL is a ways from me but if you are even in the area PLEASE feel free to let me know. I would love to show you the Mini Madness going on at my place.

Fallon also has 4 shows each year that are "MINI FRIENDLY". Driving, Halter, and In-Hand Trail classes just for the Minis.

Email me and I can let you know the dates if you are interested.

WELCOME to the area!!

Lisa & crew
default_saludando.gif

Hi Cindy,

Welcome "back" to the forum!! I just know that someday you will be able and ready to have minis, again - Just let me know!! I can send you a few! HA!!

Buddy and Treasure are doing just great! They LOVE the little manger that you made for them before you left - it is just the right size for two little dwarves!!

I am happy that you and David have made such a good adjustment - you are both very special
default_wub.png
and dear to me.

Hugs,

Donna

Hey Cindy

I just happened upon this post... I was going to give you a call and see how things are going, but i lost your phone number.

default_rolleyes.gif
Wow.... Thanks so much for posting everyone!

LISA (Dark Horse Farm), don't be surprised if I take you up on your offer to visit! I really miss the smell, touch and interaction of my little ones and it'll be ointment to my soul if you'd let me fuss over your babies. I've been meaning to check out Fallon (hear it's a nice place) -- so this'll be GREAT!

CINDY (vvf) & DONNA (qtr rae) -- It's so heartwarming that we remain close... EVEN if I no longer have horses to talk about. Guess that's why photos of you are next to the word " FRIEND " in the dictionary!
default_wub.png

Funny, I thought life in a rural area without horses and all the chores would be boring..... but the opposite is true. From the first week, folks have been kind enough to befriend David and I, thus we're involved with lots of volunteer opportunities (Fire Safe Council, Neighborhood Watch, Humane Society and, yes, they let me in church where I create art projects for Sunday school kids. Noooo, the roof didn't collapse upon my entry!
default_rolleyes.gif
) If someone told me a year ago that I'd be divorced and living happily with my son "out west".... my sides would've split from laughter. Well, we're here and the smiles can't be wiped off our face(s).

At the Humane Society, they're letting me work with feral dogs, under a wonderful mentor whose been doing just that for 30 years. Sadly, the foreclosure situation in Nevada has been traumatic for family pets -- especially if they're turned loose to fend for themselves. By the grace of God, area shelters are "no kill". Hoping for an opportunity to work with newly captured mustangs might present itself. In the meantime, a wonderful neighbor, "Ginger", asked if I'd be a riding companion for her two horses.... and appy mule! Our street backs up to BLM land with riding trails meandering through Sierra Nevada foothills.

Five years ago, an obsession for quilting somehow smoldered. Well, I bought a sewing machine a few weeks ago so my friend, Robyn, can realize a dream of hers.... make a quilt. We set up OUR own sewing sanctuary in my "double-wide". Friday, I gave the quilt shop owner two of my copyrighted patterns (simple projects) I designed for the 2000 International Quilt Market by Clover Mfg. My jaw dropped when she asked if I'd be interested in "teaching" simple quilt projects at her shop.
default_new_shocked.gif
How cool is that?!

Thanks again for taking the time to post .... it's so nice to hear from y'all!

default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back