Height

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the tiny ones for halter but I have to say when it comes to driving I like the 35 and up. Hershee is 35" and well proportioned...just right for me. :bgrin Yet I have little Manny who is 32.5 and enjoy doing jumping and obstacles with him. Have not done much driving with him tho...I gravitate towards my bigger horse.

I LikeA's But Large A's anywhere in the 33"-34" I like .

i am such a sucker for B horses 34 - 38 i love long legs!!! but if its a B then i d rather a really big B
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wink.png
:

My family bred Shetlands for about thirty years, and even then, had the smallest of them, with our main stallion being about 37". When the miniature associations were started, I was pleased that there would be an emphasis on "breeding the smallest perfect horse." I have subscribed to that mantra since the start, and continue. If I wanted 34-42" horses, I would still be breeding Shetlands, which I love, but decided to specialize in miniatures and continue to bring quality into the smallest of the lot. I haven't reached that "perfect" horse, but have certainly gotten closer than when I began in 1962.

silver.jpg

Little America Silver Tornado 26"

tooinctony4_8_1bleed.jpg

Little America's Too Incredible 25.5"

Last edited by a moderator:
I like one in every size division so I can show them all. :bgrin My horses range from 29" to 36". I don't do much driving, just halter so it doesn't make a huge difference to me.

I like them leggy and anywhere from 32" to 36"
default_smile.png
My stallions are 26" and 33.5", my mares range from 31.5" to 37"
default_smile.png

Tammie

Last edited by a moderator:
I definately love the 30" and under miniature horse.......................but I love them all no matter what size. I have a 32.5" mare and she seems huge to me....but she is the one that gets a lot of loving. She is bred and I'm hoping to get a small one that looks and moves like her.

I was fortunate enough to get a MarJac colt (Gizmo)........and he is gorgeous and will mature under 30" so I am so excited to see what he produces.

My grandkids are getting bigger and would like to have one that they could ride. So if anyone has a larger mini.......and a good price.......let me know.

Latest posts

Back