"heck on earth" has returned

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much, just too much, I am so sorry Tony. I pray your can see an end to all this heartache.

Tony, I am so sorry for your loss...and I wish I had a sure fire help for you.

We recently noticed an increase in the coyotes around here since crops are being harvested, and in that regard I have been watching the horses in the pasture much closer. I have noticed they stay VERY close to a horse we bought for our grand-daughter to ride...and wondered about maybe she is their protector...I do know she will not tolerate my little house dogs and tried to stomp one that got into her paddock.

I hope your problem is solved quickly....will keep your little ones in my thoughts and prayers.
default_wub.png

Tony, I am so sorry, I cannot imagine having to deal with this yet again. After all you have been through in the past with these attacks, I am sure you are very frustrated. I hope you find the one that is attacking, why the heck do these dogs keep getting drawn to your place and your sweet little horses? I know I would be livid.
default_no.gif
Prayers being sent your way!

Prayers for you to find a solution that is best for you and the horses. I would be discouraged too. Coyotes are always a problem here as well but we bring everyone inside at night. Not feasible for you I know but if we all say our prayers for you and your beautiful horses hopefully some solution will come.

The only way that we can use the cyanide traps is to lock up our dogs for a month. We have used them several times in the past before we got the guard dogs, though Am considering the electric fence, though. Of course that pasture is 85 acres, so will be difficult to keep it going, but may do it.

Thanks for everyone...

Tony,

Larry is absolutely convinced that attaching an electric wire (or wires) to your existing fence line is the way to go. A good sized solar charger would be able to handle the 85 acres without a problem. If you are only going to run one line, doing it along the bottom is best, in our opinion. The charger uses very little power. The key is in the charger and grounding it. (I think you and Larry talked about this a couple of years ago.) Please call or e-mail Larry if you want to look into the electric fence idea. I've shared this latest situation with him.

MA

I'm so sorry Tony!
default_sad.png
These dang stupid dog-owners who think it's just fine to let their dogs wander, and don't seem to know or care that they are spreading death and destruction, argh!!

Sending good thoughts to you and your family and your horses, how heartbreaking this has got to be, and to have to deal with it over and over again...
default_no.gif

Tony I am so sorry for what you are going through and so very sorry for your little mare that you had to put down. My prayers are going out to you and I hope they catch the dog or cyotes that are doing this, I heard on one of the post that they will dig under the barn to get to the horses, thinking next year about putting a cement pad all the way around the barn extending about 3 feet out so they can't get to them, We have been hearing alot of cyotes around here, I have cameras on all the time at my place hooked up to a tv in the house so I can see them all the time, but my pasture isn't as big as yours and I don't have as many horses

Again sending prayers your way..

Latest posts

Back