Heartbreaking tragedy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic

Reaction score
I got an email from a friend today, and when I asked if I could forward it she said to please spread it far and wide, in the hope that it could help prevent a similar tragedy. Here it is:

Dear friends and relatives, this will be short..... Zeke's little boy Trevyn (not the baby, he is Treyton) but his adorable little 3 year old step-son just passed away from a horrible accident. He was climbing on his dresser and it went over and knocked him into his wood bed rail. He was flown to Primary Children's from Springville and put on life support. Before they had to make the decision he died 24 hours later of cardiac arrest.

When friends ask me what they can do -- this is "bolt every dresser or cabinet you have in your house to the wall" so no other precious child will lose their life in this way. By the way, this was a 'CHILD PROOF" dresser they purchased just a short time ago. You can only pull out one drawer and only a few inches and there there is a latch that the child is not suppose to be able to unlock. Oh, what a tragedy.

He was the joy of all of our lives. Zeke and Shanell are taking it so hard. My heart goes out to them. Trevlyn was so beautiful and such a very special spirit. Always going, doing, and figuring anything out. Just wanted to let you know.

That is so sad! My heart breaks for this family.

We were very lucky that this isn't our story. When my oldest daughter was 3 (almost 4) and my youngest was a newborn, I sent the oldest upstairs to get her pajamas out of the dresser because I was nursing the baby. I heard a huge crash and ran upstairs. She had pulled out the bottom drawer to stand on it to reach the top drawer. The dresser fell on her pinning her underneath. She wasn't hurt, but just two inches to the side of where her head was, the corner of the dresser had smashed a large hole in the wall. Had her head been two inches over, that would have been her head. It still gives me chills thinking about it. There but for the grace of God...

I will pray for this family.

Barbara

We have my girls dresser attached to our walls because of this. When Alexis was three I seen her climbing on her dresser and it scared me so ever since then we attached the kids dresser to walls. Its so scary we had a little girl in our town have the TV fall on top of her. SHe was at childrens hospital for about a mth. This little girl was so lucky she wasnt killed

What a terrible tragedy! I just can't imagine the devastation the family is going through.

My son and his wife were very aware that something like this could happen. So, they eliminated dressers in their kids' rooms and instead bought these lightweight stands with cloth drawers in them, and the stands are only about three feet tall. If one of them fell on their three year old it wouldn't cause much harm. They also put their TV right on the floor so the younger child couldn't pull it down off the TV stand. That's when they had their old TV. Now the newer HD flat screen is high up on the wall, out of reach.

Latest posts

Back