Heard a rumor.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fantacsix

I just heard that Johnstons Gold Boy just died. Is this true?

This was taken from their website

We are very sorry to say that we lost Gold Boy on April 29, 2008. It is the end of an era in miniature horse history. He was the last son of Gold Melody Boy.
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a 3 year old son of his. he will truely be missed.

I'm very sorry to hear that he is gone
default_sad.png
I just emailed Christy and told her so.

What a grand old gent he was!

Oh, how sad! At least his legacy will live on! I have a mare bred to a son of his that is due anytime.

How sad the the two last sons are gone. I only just recently learned that Gold Bar had passed on. Now Gold Boy too. Hugs to Christy!!!

How sad for Christy. She had mentioned he was slowing down with fewer mares in foal to him. It's truly the end of an amazing era.
default_no.gif
I can't believe Gold Bar, Mickey Mouse and Gold Boy all went so closely together. It's pretty sad.

But this should also be a celebration of what wonderful horses all three of those boys produced (as well as Roan Ranger - certainly can't forget him - imagine what he would have contributed if he hadn't died so young?).

I have my Gold Boy daughter, Sweet Pea, that I will never part with. She's not very friendly, but boy does she know how to make a baby!
default_yes.gif
And I just sold my other Gold Boy daughter to Carlie Fears in TX and she loves her! So, the good news is he lives on through his legacy.

So how old was Roan Ranger when he died?
As I typed that I was thinking he was 11, but the more I think about it I guess he was about 20. So that's not necessarily young, but compared to his brothers I guess it is.

How sad for Christy. She had mentioned he was slowing down with fewer mares in foal to him. It's truly the end of an amazing era.
default_no.gif
I can't believe Gold Bar, Mickey Mouse and Gold Boy all went so closely together. It's pretty sad.

But this should also be a celebration of what wonderful horses all three of those boys produced (as well as Roan Ranger - certainly can't forget him - imagine what he would have contributed if he hadn't died so young?).

I have my Gold Boy daughter, Sweet Pea, that I will never part with. She's not very friendly, but boy does she know how to make a baby!
default_yes.gif
And I just sold my other Gold Boy daughter to Carlie Fears in TX and she loves her! So, the good news is he lives on through his legacy.

I have a nice refined red roan granddaughter by roan ranger, I swear she has his butt!

Hello..

I know this post is old.. But.... Does anyone know why Roan Ranger passed before his time? As I read he left us earlier than some of his brothers, and interested to know more about his story. Happy for anyone to email me, [email protected].. Thanks

It doesn't sound like he "passed before his time" if he was 20 and slowing down. Now, if he was 8 that might be a different story...

Latest posts

Back