Head and Necks... oh boy what fun unwrapping

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryHaven

Reaction score
I finally wrangled the camera from hubby, and enlisted his help in getting a few shots of the boys with their new hair cuts. LOL. I am so pleased with what was under all that winter fuzz! I can't wait for show season to start!

Here's Roller. The BIG surprise. He's a silver bay, but clipped out sterling silver under all the red hair.

Roller1.jpg

RollerFrontHead1.jpg

RollerHead1.jpg

This is Shooter, my dainty little blondie:

Shooterhead1.jpg

ShooterHead2.jpg

And here's my Red Road Snowcap boy, Flair:

FlairHead1.jpg

Flairhead2.jpg

FlairHead3.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.
default_smile.png

awwwwwwww look at them!! they all look fantastic! Okay now how can you be suprised on Roller?? Remember when I waited to long to clip tiny at gordyville and had to show her as a grey horse LOL. Yep those are silver dapples under all that red
default_smile.png
Shooter really got his daddys head didnt he!!

awwwwwwww look at them!! they all look fantastic! Okay now how can you be suprised on Roller?? Remember when I waited to long to clip tiny at gordyville and had to show her as a grey horse LOL. Yep those are silver dapples under all that red
default_smile.png

So, okay, is he really a silver dapple, not a silver bay? (Color me confused. LOL)

default_smile.png

So, okay, is he really a silver dapple, not a silver bay? (Color me confused. LOL)

No....no.... :bgrin He's still a Silver-Bay.

Bays are a black-based color....so the undercoats of their winter hair is very dark...almost black.

Silver doesn't show on red, so it won't affect the red "outtercoat"....but it WILL affect the dark undercoat, since it's black (or dark gray). That is why, when you clip off that red winter hair, you'll see what looks like a Silver-Dapple horse. It's the silver gene on that dark undercoat showing!
default_yes.gif
:

But....that red body hair WILL eventually grow back in & he'll look Silver-Bay once again.
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back