Hawk trailer for minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace67

Reaction score
Anyone own a Hawk horse trailer customized for minis? Still searching for a new trailer and have good reviews on Hawk trailers in general and came across one at a dealership in WI specifically set up for miniatures. I'm out on the west coast in northern California and there is a Hawk dealer in Oregon that I could possibly order through but I'm curious to hear feedback from anyone who owns one before going further. Let me see if I can attach the link. I'm looking for something to haul two good sized minis (34" and 36" tall) along with a show cart and my show stuff. I don't know how tall this one is but sounds like its 5' wide by 10' long?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a Hawk mini trailer, and we love it! It's 12 ft long by 5 ft wide, and 5.5 ft tall. Hubby and I are short, so we get along with it just fine. LOL Ours is set up to haul five mini's, but I can just use the center divider, and it works well to haul two mares/foals also. The escape door on ours is on the side of the trailer.

Funny you asked about this trailer. I was just looking at their website too. Im looking into getting one also but only a 2-3 horse miniature. I have contacted them 3 weeks ago, but been so busy, havent got back to see what $$$ and all involving to get one.

Im here in MI.

We have the 5 "horse" (minis of course) Hawk mini/lama trailer. Had it for about 7 years or maybe more. It's great up to a the point where you "out grow it". I started with one mini and am now at 4. I need 2 to 3 carts and last year a viceroy for the shows so I some difficulty getting everything I want/need in/on the trailer and the truck. Other than that it's been great.

I thought I had a picture but it seems to be hiding tonight. I'll look for it tomorrow.

I have a Hawk full size and I love it. I couldnt go the mini route because I still have my quarter horse. I like the extra space for my carts and the 2 minis all fit in it nicely. Of course if I ever expand on my mini head count my carts might wind up in the back of the truck
default_yes.gif

I have a Hawk trailer--not for mini's, but I love it! Its a three horse and its really nice.

Thanks everyone, nice to read all the good reviews on the Hawk trailers so far. For those of you who went with a full sized trailer what type of set up do you have for your minis and carts? Two horse straight load or slant load and where do you put your carts? I still have my older fjord gelding who is 14.2 so I'm a bit hesitant to go completely mini but I don't haul him much if any at this point so I may end up going smaller, would love to hear what others have as their set up.

We have a full sized Hawk gooseneck set up for 4 minis (to force us to keep numbers down at shows). LOVE it! Fans inside, windows on both sides and back. The tack compartment has a ramp on one side, and camper door on the other. It is matted so it can hold a few minis if needed. It is wide enough that one person can roll two carts up the side ramp without a big struggle. There is a metal barrier that swings down and locks so that you can stuff the overhead area and not worry about anything falling. The divider between the horse and tack area is a pair of doors that can open the trailer up from front to back, can store my kayak in there during the winter. It pulls like a dream.

We purchased our Hawk Mini/Lama trailer from Sunset and love it, its the one that is pictured in the link. Pulls nicely and the back doors do not freeze up in the winter, we live in Northern Michigan and Wisconsin was an easy drive for us to pick it up. They also deliver for a reasonable price and are wonderful people to work with.
default_thumbup.gif

Back