Has anyone ever tried

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
I was just looking at another topic on a wee foal test result and it sure looks like the human test. Has anyone ever tried it? Curious to know what results you got.

Human pregnancy tests test for a human hormone that horses don't have ;)

But there is a horse one that is similar, wee foal. I like that one
default_smile.png

someone told me it worked too , but considering the source.... I dont believe it . Wee Foal is GREAT!!! and it does work.

I personally use Pregnamare with 99.9% accuracy. I am very pleased with them and (for me) it is easier than trying to collect urine.
default_smile.png

Problem with pregnamare is that I can't find a supplier in Canada. If anyone knows of one, I'd love the info.

Amanda

I figured it wouldn't work or people would be using them. I was just thinking they would be a cheap way to check. Oh well.

For now, we have our mares ultra sounded.

I just ordered some Pregnamare test kits from Valley Vet at www.ValleyVet.com because the Ultrasounds I had done last week were a bit inconclusive. One mare seems to be pregnant but the vet thinks it should "look more round" which is exactly what she said last year and the mare was pregnant. The other mare was so tense (hunching her back) that she was afraid of hurting her, so I called a stop.

I don't see why Valley Vet wouldn't ship to Canada; you can give them a try anyway.

I have found both Pregnamare and Wee Foal to be accurate, easy, and inexpensive!

i did some research on this several years ago. There IS a human test that will work on horses but you have to read the label and check which hormone it's testing for. there is a certain hormone that preg humans and horses have in common and some of the test do check for that not the HUMAN hormone or the HORSE hormone. i'd have to do research again to remember what it was testing for though. sounded like they are harder to find though too.

Latest posts

Back