Has anyone been to Dollywood??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h2t99

Reaction score
on a good place to stay, we are going for a weekend and have 2 kids so it has to be kid friendly!! So a pool and free breakfast are must haves!!

Thanks for any info!!
default_smile.png

This is a great time of year to go. The fall foliage will soon be here and it will be gorgeous over that way in Pigeon Forge and with the kids back in school, the lines won't be long. Ideally, if you can go on a weekday, there should be little to no waiting for rides at all. Dan goes over there a lot to play with his buddies. There are loads of places to stay and they are very competitive right now so you won't have any trouble finding decent rates. I think he stays at Super 8 or Days Inn mostly because he never has much money. Hotels are everywhere you look. Keep in mind that the closer you are to Dollywood, the more expensive the rates will be. You can do well on the outskirts and then just drive a couple of miles in. Watch out for those bed and breakfast though, they can really stick it to you. Have a wonderful time! This might help:

http://hotel-guides.us/tennessee/pigeon-fo...ood-hotels.html

We were going to go, the kids are out for 2 weeks in the beginning of October, but then remembered that it is too chilly for the water rides. Go on the www.dollywood.com website and they have a deal for hotel plus tickets. We are still going but decided to do the Stampede Dinner and go into Gatlinburg. Haven't made reservations yet; deciding between the Creekside Inn or Quality Inn. Both had about the same comments.

Have fun!

oh by the way if the hotels promise you a free continental breakfast, that usually means coffee, juice, and donuts around here

We went this past summer. Stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites at Dollywood Lane. It was OK, clean anyhoo. Pools were small. It's an awesome place and Dollywood was really nice. Not tons of rides but very clean and pretty. The shows were nice. Lots of trees and shops to see. You have to ride the Mystery Mine Cart ride it is the BEST ride in the place. Have a great time.
default_saludando.gif

I didn't go to Dollywood but my class went to Gatlinburg for our senior skip day when I was at Appalachian Bible College. Some of us went through Ripley's Haunted House and that was really scary! Of course, the lady at the start picked me to be the leader.
default_rolleyes.gif
Some of us went to the outlet stores in Pigeon Forge too. I don't remember the buffet place where we ate but I didn't think it was worth the price. Have fun!

I LOVE the whole area, we go there all the time, but we never stay in any hotels, we always rent the cabins. There are so many of them that you can find a price range, size, and location very easily. There are thousands of hotels though, look on the strip and the side streets too. I can't vouch for kid friendly, but we have stayed in "Pigeon River Inn" before and liked it. It is near the beginning of the area, on the left, across from "The Apple Barn". Keep in mind, that the area is a bit cooler temp wise than in most areas. The fall colors should start soon if they haven't already, wich draws the most people and crowds. Be prepared for crowds and traffic no matter where ya go, even the back roads that locals use.

I love Dixie Stampede, it's expensive, but well worth it. The food is wonderful, we wish they had a seperate restaurant, but they don't. Lots of outlet malls and fun stuff for kids. I haven't been to Dollywood in 15 years and don't feel like I am missing anything, I love it that much!!!!!

http://pigeonriverinnpigeonforge.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back