Harriston Sale today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Ruth would have been fairly satisfied.

I figured she averaged 1000.00 per horse and there were quite a few stud colts and yearlings in the sale.

We purchased Lot #5 for 3000.00. Black mare and pinto filly foal.

Thank you. The mare is very sweet and the babe is a "Spark Plug". I asked Ruth if I could name the babe because I would like to call her "Brians Song".

If she has done the paperwork it's okay, but I would like the remembrance name, for Ruth's hubby.

I couldn't get over some of the prices on the unregistered horses!! $950 for an unregistered yearling filly!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Shocked about the price of the one cart that was sold too-we bought the same cart (basic metal easy entry) earlier this spring for under $400 sold for almost $900!!

The Sammons' horses averaged $1099.

All in all, I think they made out pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some nice horses in that sale that I expected to bring more than they did. Some of the buyers got some really nice horses at very reasonable prices in comparison to what we are seeing in Texas right now.
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally thought that Ruth did a fabulous job prepping all those horses for a sale when weather does not permit much clipping.

THey all looked great and some very nice pedigrees. They were well groomed and easy to handle.

The auctioneer made a comment at the start of the sale which I felt could be a problem for Ruth, however I think the prices turned out to be fairly good for a market seems to be waning.(sp?)

Are you sure that #13 were Quebec buyers? I had a theory going as to who they (#13) were and that would blow it apart.

Does it have the names of the buyers?? I know Brigitte Simoneau of BBS Miniatures in Quebec buys a lot at the Harriston sales. She is from Quebec, near Drummondville. I am interested in knowing who bought Plain Jane as I have her daughters.

The Quebec buyers are probably Heinz Santchi and his family. He lives not to far from me and runs a huge holstein dairy farm.

I think she may have gone to Quebec buyers
Quarter Scales Plain Jane went to London, ON.

I want to thank everyone who came out to support Mom's sale! What a long and *sad* day! If anyone bought any of our horses, send us some pics! We would love to see their babies!!

Quarter Scales Plain Jane went to London, ON

Thanks to everyone who came out to support my mom! We really appreciated it!

If you bought any of our horses, let us know, we would love to see pics of any babies!!

Latest posts

Back