"Hardshipping" Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secuono

Reaction score
I stumbled on a thread hear about hard shipping, looked it up and the file I downloaded said they no longer accept new horses after 2000 or something. So why do I still find recent threads about doing it?

Though, I tried to find it now and don't see it.

Can any ol mini get hardshipped?

I know you can still "hardship" horses into the AMHR if they have AMHA papers. I do not believe AMHR ever took undocumented minis (but i could be wrong on that) You can no longer just register any undocumented mini. AMHA used to allow it if they inspected the horse and you paid a huge fee. I believe the AMHA closed the stud book to hardship both AMHR or undocumented recently. There are a lot of helpful people here who doba LOT of paperwork so im sure they will know for sure.

I am not sure just when AMHR closed--they did have an open registration for a long time, and then it closed and only hardshipping was allowed--I am pretty sure that hardshipping was available when I first got into Minis, in 2001, but I didn't pay much attention to it--I remember being relieved that I could get my one and only AMHA mare her R papers for only $50 at the time, instead of having to do a regular hardship. Then that hardshipping closed, and again, not sure what year that was, but I would say about 10 years ago? Since then only horses that already have ASPC, AMHA or Falabella papers can be "hardshipped".

AMHA had open hardshipping for any horse 34" and under up until December 31, 2013. Now that is all gone, so to get AMHA papers you must have a foal with two AMHA registered parents.

Yea, I think it said they allowed any mini in until X year and it ended is what I read.

So now no paperless horses are allowed, is that right?

I just hardshipped my young stallion into the AMHR at the end of last year. His sire was AMHR registered but his dam was not. My boy was already registered with the AMHA though.

secuono, yes you are correct that as of now, if you have a horse who has no papers, you cannot hardship it into either AMHA or AMHR. Of course, there is always the "possibility" that at some time in the future the membership of either registry might vote to change the rule and re-open the hardship registration.

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back