Hardshipping into AMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody_Wayne

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just curious to see how many of you agree with the rule that AMHR has that you can't hardship a miniature unless the horse is AMHA registered. It was my understanding that AMHR registered horses up to 38"? Since they are only now accepting horses that are only AMHA that means they are pretty making their cut off point at 34". The reason I bringing this up is because I just bought a 10 y/o 35" gelding that is not registered. Apparently his parents were but the breeder failed to register my now gelding as a foal. I am his 3rd owner. I have no way of getting intouch with his breeder and the lady I purchased him from doesn't have his breeders info as well. I would like to register him AMHR, but can't do so. I would have liked to show him in performance classes in R shows. Anyway, I was just curious to see how many other horse owners feel the same.

Thanks for your time and input.

- Jody

AMHR is a closed registry now for previously unregistered horses. Only those who are currently AMHA registered can be "hardshipped" into AMHR. Have you checked into registering your gelding WCMHR? Not sure if they ever closed their registry or not.

Thanks for your input... Yes, I understand that AMHR is a closed registry. I am basically venting on-line :/ Is WCMHR a recognized registry?

- Jody

Well, AMHR isn't limiting the size as a good number of the AMHA animals transferred are actually ones who end up being oversized
default_rolleyes.gif
: But, it does make it really hard for those who are in your position.

Do you know the names of the sire & dam? Long shot, but might be able to hunt down the breeders.

WCMHR -- well, yes, it recognized by many as to it's existance. With some nuturing of the registry by the people in charge, it could expand -- especially with R closing the registry, and other things people find unpleasant about AMHA & AMHR. BUT, no where near the size &/or reputation of either A or R. And, the primary areas of their shows is the East Coast. Believe your info area says you are in TX? (can't see it while typing this).

Are you sure he's over 34"? I'm only asking because sometimes you measure with a stick and tape measure, etc., while an official stick may make a difference &/or where it is supposed to be placed on the last hair of the mane and so on, and on and on............just a thought.

Yes, I am located in Texas. He is over 34" tall and I don't know neither of his sire or dam's names. I just purchased him last week. I had asked the girl that I bought him from if she knew how to get intouch or if she knew their names and she said that she couldn't remember the breeders name. I wouldn't even know to start to try and hunt his breeder down? Oh well... maybe one of these days AMHR will re-open.

- Jody

I agree with you Jody. I am sorry the registry closed. Would have liked to have seen it open for a while longer. I also think the registry should have asked for input from members
default_rolleyes.gif
: Wish they had given people several years notice. All ours are reg. R anyway, but know some nice horses that would help the gene pool.

Pam

Back