Hardshipping from AMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farina

In Remembrance
Reaction score
If I hardship a stallion from AMHA to AMHR does he gets a pedigree or starts he blank? Make it sense to hardship him anyway?

Thanks for your advice,

Jessica

You'll have his sire and dam on there but that's all.

IMHO it's ALWAYS a good idea to hardship into the other registries (if you can afford it...) opens more opportunities that way for your stock.

Lucy

IMHO it's ALWAYS a good idea to hardship into the other registries (if you can afford it...) opens more opportunities that way for your stock.

Lucy
We don't have any mares only stallions; do you think anyone would use a stallion for a AMHR-mare even though he has almost no pedigree?

Even if AMHR does not show the full pedigree AMHA will. My stallion (now gelding) is A and R, on his R papers only his sire and dam show up ( I am assuming he was hardshipped at some point). But I still have his complete pedigree with AMHA.

That is the one thing that bugs me about A/R they do not include the full pedigree and allow name changes. With dogs (AKC) if you register a foreign bred dog ( esentially a different registry) you have to keep the same registered name and the pedigree stays intact.

Lucy
We don't have any mares only stallions; do you think anyone would use a stallion for a AMHR-mare even though he has almost no pedigree?

"That is the one thing that bugs me about A/R they do not include the full pedigree and allow name changes. With dogs (AKC) if you register a foreign bred dog ( esentially a different registry) you have to keep the same registered name and the pedigree stays intact."

The reason you can't always use the same name from AMHA is reserved prefixes and suffixes. People have paid for the privilege to prevent others from using their names, farms, etc., so that's why you can get different names AMHA/AMHR

Latest posts

Back