HAPPS CDE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
We'll be there on Saturday to watch marathon...so who all will we see? Amy? Dorothy and Ron (and Duckie)?

Leia, I assume you'll be spectating? Any others going to watch?

I assume VSEs go early...what time? Weather should be vastly improved over last year, so no swimming through the mud. I look forward to visiting the Ideal trailer -- and not just to escape the rain...

Don't assume, dear. I work every other weekend!
default_biggrin.png
As it happens however, I am in fact off this weekend and plan on being down there first thing tomorrow. I'd be there today except I now work Fridays.
default_sad.png
I'm told there are FIVE Intermediate VSE entries this year, two VSE four-in-hands with a third coming up next year and of course all the singles, pairs and tandems!

Janie and David of Chimacum Tack will be up to visit; even without their tack trailer I'm still very excited to see them. I'm not sure who else will be there.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
I am heading south within the hour. I will be volunteering at the tunnel hazard. Hope to see you there!

This is a wonderful venue for miniature horses to strut their stuff. There were 28 miniatures competing at the event. It was great to see the minis all standing about while the drivers cheered on their competition in the cones. There were competitors from several states as well as Canada . Duckie really got into the water crossings.. Her eager enthusiasm got me soaked on the last crossing. When one chooses to drive a mare it is always an adventure.

Ron

When I die, I plan on being reincarnated as a morning person...

We arrived too late to watch any of the VSEs, and I especially wanted to watch Duckie (and Ron, LOL). At least we got there earlier than Leia, hehe.

The big water hazard was a bit too exciting, with two frightening incidents; fortunately these resulted in only one minor injury, as far as I heard, and one very wet navigator.

...but I did get my Ideal whip!

Duckie really got into the water crossings.. Her eager enthusiasm got me soaked on the last crossing.
Well, duh. Her name is DUCKie!
default_risa_suelos.gif

susanne said:
We arrived too late to watch any of the VSEs, and I especially wanted to watch Duckie (and Ron, LOL). At least we got there earlier than Leia, hehe.
Ah, but I then stayed the night at Happ's in my Honda CRV (not to be mistaken for anywhere near the comfort of an RV), got up bright and early at 7AM and watched every single VSE do Cones on Sunday so I don't feel too bad!
default_biggrin.png
I got good pictures of everyone which is more than I'd probably have managed in the hazards.

Maybe someday when I don't live three hours away, I'll actually manage to get there on time without coming down the night before.
default_wacko.png

BTW- If the tandem entry had not had to back out, Maureen would have had both what she believes to be the most Intermediate VSE entries ever gathered but also one of every single ADS-recognized hitch represented in VSE as well! That's a four-in-hand, unicorn, tandem, pair and singles all at one show. We're shooting for making that happen ASAP.

Oh, and did we mention that VSE's won the Best Overall awards for all three divisions against all sizes of horse??
default_aktion033.gif
I think they sort of kicked butt!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Leia

Edited to add: Lisa B., if you're reading this, thank you and the rest of the AMHR committee for those awesome large ribbons to the best-scoring mini and Shetland at the event! It was really nice to have those handed out along with the special Morgan and Friesian awards.
default_wub.png

We had a parade this weekend so unable to attend. I have heard that Ron and Duckie did very well. By the way Ron did we forget to say Duckie loves water. Wish I could have been there to watch. You two make a great team. Maybe I can make it next time.

Back