Handsome mini is bellringer for the Salvation Army

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy Hogan

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Many of you have seen this video, but it's that time of year again! Hope you enjoy Handsome's contribution to the Salvation Army.

We're headed out again tomorrow to see if we can help raise money. What fun!

default_wub.png
aw

to sweet.

i love it

thanks for sharing

Peggy - That is so cool! Where are you doing it? You should come down to Ojai -- we'll gather all the local minis and sing Xmas carols. Liz

What a darling little boy....very sweet.. great job with his training,did you clicker train him?

That is one of my favorite videos. So adorable.

I'm glad you guys liked it. I know the quality was a bit rough, but the message is there.

We did a full 2 hours today! People were so surprised and please to see how hard the little guy was trying.The pot was STUFFED when we left....that was soooo very rewarding. Handsome got lots of tiny bites of low-starch grain, some carrots and apple bits but I'M the one that got lots of good, warm feelings from our efforts.

What a darling little boy....very sweet.. great job with his training,did you clicker train him?
Yes...all of his tricks were trained with click/treat.

He rings a cowbell, beeps a bicycle horn, waves his leg (with bells on it) and we just added a leather strap that has bells on it. He really gets into the ringing and beeping toys LOL.

Oh, and he gave out a few kisses for pictures too.

But as all of you who enter the show ring know, the biggest challenge is can they do it with all the distractions and different environments. THAT is why I'm most proud of his performance today...he really was solid.

I never get tired of watching Handsome doing a good deed!

Hey gang...The local newspaper made a video of Handsome when he was ringing the bell. We did an interview and talked about the process...very fun!

Copy/paste the link and look on the right, there is a video section. You'll see him in his Christmas finest.

http://www.newspress.com/Top/index.jsp

We got rained out of our ringing efforts today
default_sad.png

Hope to get a couple more sessions in before Christmas. Funny...this year I'd rather ring than decorate or do any of the other normal Christmas things. Maybe a sign of age, or the economy or ????

Found a way to embed the newspaper video on my site if you missed it. Kind of fun.

http://www.thebestwhisperisaclick.com/CT/P...vation_Army.php

That is soooo cool. You both are doing a wonderful thing....... LOVE him ringing his little bells. Too cute....

Well...we've finished for the season. Handsome did really well and it was such a joy to watch people see the little guy, smile and add a contribution to the kettle. A great way to share the season, promote minis, and enjoy the spirit.

Thanks to all who watched the videos and commented.

hugs

Peggy

Latest posts

Back