handmade ornaments

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Friends came over today for an ornament session. We made dresden-style ornaments. I got some nice German diecuts on etsy, as I wanted to make an ornament for my sister and dil. I will use them for package trimming.

Anyone else make ornaments?

horses.jpg

Recently I went through a 45 year accumulation of paper stuff. It was fun to find ornaments and cards made by my children. I found one made by my husband as a small child, too. I brought them out and displayed them this year.

Remember the sequin balls? Pyrography? Salt dough? Modgepodge? Crocheted snowflakes?

I made salt dough figures, and I still have my crocheted snowflakes that I made and still used on my trees. My aunt started me on them, she was very talented and made very large ones that she invented the patterns. I still use ornaments my children made when school age, they are precious to me.

I still use the ornaments I made years ago that were 'stain glass' imitation, where I bought plastic 'chips' (cannot remember what they were called), made shapes with black goop (cannot remember what it's called either) on aluminum foil, filled them with the colored chips and baked, they melted beautifully and look like glass. I hang them where a light shines through them, so so pretty.

Yes, I remember the bubble lights. We used to have some years ago.

Latest posts

Back