Halter slid on eye during lunging.. swollen eye

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acresaway

Reaction score
Hello,

I was lunging my new stallion the other day, when not realizing until I had him switch directions that the halter had slid over his right eye. I am sure the halter was on it about 10 mins (yes I will use lunging attachment next time!). He sat in a small pen for months/years before I bought him so boy did he need the exercise. He was very rambunctious, pulling on the lunge line (in process of building a round pen) and so indeed the halter was probably reasonably right around his eye. I am sure part of the pulling on the lunge was with the halter around his eye but by his screaming to his girls and pulling in their direction, I could tell he wanted to go back to his pasture.

His eye is a bit swollen and the area around his eye has dried tears. I have been putting clear eyes on it. Seems to be better today but not fully healed. Should I be rinsing his eye out with warm water and saline as well?

I wouldve called the vet already if it got worse or did not improve at all.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back