Had a mare abort on us today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry for your loss
default_sad.png

Tammie

I am so sorry too for your loss, so heartbreaking when this happens. I would check each mare for any discharge and agree to watch the mares carefully in case the mare that aborted develops an infection.

default_sad.png
awwwww....poor baby. I'm very sorry for your loss. She looked like she was going to be gorgeous with that big blaze. Everything happens for a reason though- maybe something wasn't right. I hope you and your mare are ok. Again, very sorry :no:

Sorry for your loss. I've only had one about the same age/size as the one you showed here. There was no discharge from any of the mares or sign of why they aborted. Good luck with your mare and the balance of foaling season.

Thanks for the support guys and gals.. I really appreciate it.. Mom and dad are pretty set on it being Tango's baby.. (This all happened on Sunday after I left home to come back to campus, so I am not home with the girls, and won't be back home until possibly next weekend as this weekend I am headed down to Louisville for NAILE) Mom says Tango feels like she has a bit of an udder now, the udder skin feels looser than it had before.. And mom says she looks like she has lost a bit of weight, she wasn't a heavy mare to begin with.. Mom says she's still perky, eating grain, grazing in the pasture and is one of the first ones to greet you, so I don't feel that she herself is ill.. They are keeping an eye on her (and Lacey) for heat signs as the mare paddock runs next to Buster's paddock (our buckskin stud) At least I can look on the bright side, I get to bump the mare up for an early Sky baby for 2008!

Latest posts

Back