Guess I am not that smart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
Among all of my current problems my ability to perform complicated and difficult tasks was supposed to help me through this ordeal. I can fix and maintain farm machinery with no trouble. Do a crossword puzzle in ink. Solve complex problems with apparent ease. I can take apart the harness for the four horse hitch and put it back together with no spare parts. But you would not believe the mess I made when I had to empty the vacuum cleaner just now. I will concede that until recently it was not my job to operate it on a regular basis but have used this vile piece of equipment as needed. This however was my first attempt at figuring out why it seemed to have lost most of its suction. This is not a bag model, It has a diabolical paper filter covering this "chamber" full of dirt which must be handled with all of the care you would give a land mine. Oh and do not drop it while trying to get this tub turned upside down while holding a garbage bag over the open top while covering the hole where the hose fits on. Its my guess there is a trick to this I shall attempt to find out before it happens a second time.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

yes i too find that sometimes it is the seemingly simplest tasks that completely befuddle me

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif
BEEN THERE DONE THAT
biggrin.gif
WHEN IT WENT KAPLOOY I BOUGHT A BAGLESS THAT YOU JUST DUMP THE CUP, BUT IT HAS LIKE 5 DIFFERENT FILTERS THAT YOU NEED TO CLEAN AND REPLACE SOMETIMES. I CAN FIGURE OUT A COUPLE AND PROBABLY COULD FIGURE OUT THE REST IF I HAD TO, BUT ONCE TO CLOGGED, HUBBY ALWAYS CLEANS IT THE REST OF THE WAY FOR ME.
wacko.gif
rolleyes.gif

To funny. When we got our built in Beam vac at the other place you had to unscrew the canister and take it out to dump when it was full so l did that twice a year only one time l guess l didn't screw it back on tight enough when l put it back and l vavcumed for a few months and it sucked like heck then l went into the basement for something or other and found the whole corner and part of the furnace was covered in dirt dust and the canister was half hanging on the wall. So everything upstairs was clean and everything downstairs got dirtier each time l used the darn thing. That was the hardest mess l ever had to clean. At least you use the thing l know first hand of a lot of men who wouldn't till it came to the point of using a shovel.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Like my husband.
no.gif

I'm sorry, Vic, but I giggled about that post.

Probably because similar things have happened to me!

Normally, I am fairly adept at things like that, but on occasion, the vacuum bag has gotten too full and makes it too tight to fit through the opening to remove it.

THERE is a precarious situation, and best done outside if one does not feel very patient as well as lucky.

Sorry about the mess and hope the rest of your chores go in your favor, appliances included!

Liz M.

I'm the bad one now, I didn't just giggle, I laughed. The way you said all of that was just so funny. I have a vacum with a bag, and I do remember to change that darn thing at least once a year. Not a pretty site. I think when this ones dies I may just outlaw dirt in my house. With me, the kid, and 4 dogs, think it will work?
wacko.gif

risa_suelos.gif

I know your pain........I solved it, though. I bought a Dyson.

Expensive, yep. But bagless and has just one filter you pop out and rinse.

MA
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
-- ok --- I am trying to picture this --- is this a CANISTER model or an UPRIGHT???

I have a drag behind canister model --- and it is fun to change too!

JJay

Its a canister vacuum, I had to look at the name its a filter gueen. Beyond that all I know is its supposed to suck dirt.

You are very smart and I know you can do this!!
wink.gif

Did get a good giggle with your story though.

Could tell you a few..ah..uhm... interesting stories about how things didn't quite work out the way I planned. It is what makes life a little more interesting.

Here is just one of them.

Way back when I got up in the middle of the night to get a drink. It was dark but I knew where everything was.

Got the paper cup and started to pour......and kept pouring....... near broke out in tears as there was no bottom to the cup and I had just poured what I was going to drink all over the floor. Big Sigh ~~ ~ Of course most of it ened up under the Frig...

Needless to say I did not get much sleep for the rest of the night.

My Mother has one like that. SHe has had it for MANY years, well over 40.

Anyway.

1. Take it outside to dump it.

2. put the bag over the chamber before trying to turn it over.

3. you don't have to make sure the opening for the hose is blocked if you tilt it in a way that the hole stays at the top.

Having said that. I'm sorry but that was funny.
biggrin.gif

Robin

I'm sorry, I was giggling as well.......we have a upright & sometimes the bag gets too full & when you go to empty it & ya grab too tight...poof....ok, so that was a waste of time.... I am probably one of the few people who has to vacuum after she is done vacumming.....just because I changed a bag. Crazy machines!!
yes.gif

Miniv said:
risa_suelos.gif

I know your pain........I solved it, though.  I bought a Dyson.

Expensive, yep.  But bagless and has just one filter you pop out and rinse.

MA
biggrin.gif

513294[/snapback]

While pet sitter for someone I had to clean up a mess and I found their Dyson in a closet well it took me 15 minites to figure out how to use it!! No off on button I could find,
wacko.gif
then trying to get the handle down....
unsure.gif

But it did work good after I got it going
laugh.gif

Oh Vic if you have a self cleaning oven don't spray oven cleaner in it like I did at a house I was cleaning for someone
no.gif
. It was really hard to wipe off
laugh.gif

That was some 20 years ago maybe its differnt now but back then I made one heck of a mess.

We also have a Filter Queen canister model....I take it apart, remove the filter, then sccop out the dirt with an inverted plastic bag...no spills that way, just a little bit of dust/dirt that I vacuum up once the vacuum is back together.
biggrin.gif

I'm sitting here laughing and I'm not sure why. I have 2 vacuums and a carpet shampooer. Of the 3 of them none of the 3 suck things up.
no.gif
So.... if you think practice would help please make a trip south. Maybe we could learn together.

And, by the way, I'm sooo glad to see you're getting your wonderful sense of humor back.
aktion033.gif

Actually I don`t see where this got my sense of humor back. If there was a posative aspect the three hours I spent in cleaning and dusting in the kitchen took my mind of the more tragic issues facing me. Maybe I should dump the vacuum on a regular basis.

Maybe I should dump the vacuum on a regular basis.
I'd get an upright instead, I have a kirby and although pricey...I love it!

While I was mending from my multiple appendix surgeries, Doug, my hubby had to do everything, from the animals to the house. I'm pretty much back to normal now, but watching him was quite the riot, especially doing horse stuff, I had to control my laughter alot since it would hurt my belly. He too is a very intelligent man, (most of the time anyhow), but boy did he have some problems with the air cleaners, putting together the new swifer mop and simple things like that. I thought maybe he was acting like a goof on purpose so that I would take over.

You'll get the hang of things, I'd have problems with a canister style vac too, get rid of that thing, it seems like a pain!

Back