Grooming Tips (Please add your tips)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just_Rena

Reaction score
1. In the middle of the pasture set a wooden fence post and screw in shop broom heads on 2 sides. My horses love to rub on these for a good scratch, I love that they brush theirselfs. This really helps the horse shed.

My neighbor has a used street sweeper brush... set on end, stabilized by a T post, in his pasture. His llamas love it.

Mini Shop Vac's were the best invention ever. My guy lovesssss it! Works great to clean up a horse without water or on cold days. Gets down deep on those winter woolies!
This sounds like a wonderful idea but somehow I cant see that too many of mine would be very happy with the noise.

Jax, I thought the same thing but you'd be surprised at how little they are bothered by it. I was with mine. I guess for horses who are clipped at least once every year the sound of a shop vac is not that big of a deal.

Foxhaven, I use sweeper brushes too but mine sits over a fence post out in the middle of their pen. Come spring I get to watch them rubbing against it and then the birds landing on it to pull the woolies left behind to line their nests. A real win win lol.

This sounds like a wonderful idea but somehow I cant see that too many of mine would be very happy with the noise.
We work on fun sounds all the time with my guy. A lot of cell phones/ipads/etc hve free sound apps that i like to use. Gatorade bottles half full of rocks tied to the surcingle while lunging, and my big body clippes aren't too much quieter!

Find an eager 8-12 yr old who loves horses and volunteers to spend all day helping you groom
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back