Grooming/Halter Workshop

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxiesmom

Reaction score
We are doing the last of our series of three workshops. This time it is a grooming and halter workshop. We are getting this done just in time for the first shows in our neck of the woods. Luckily, my horse will be the "demo" horse for this workshop. It is very timely, as I sprained my back two week ago and cannot see myself doing a real good clip job! I'll post the invitation that I sent out to our group. If anyone in the area wants to join us, you are very welcome.

I wanted to send you a note with a little background about our coach for the Grooming/Halter Workshop, Rachel Sanders. The workshop will be held at Pax Diem, on April 25; from 9am-3pm.

Rachel began her love of animals in 4H showing her dogs. She found her true passion in High School, when she joined the equestrian team. Here, she was educated in all aspects of horsemanship and was schooled in English, Jumping, Roping, Gaming, Driving, and Drill Team. She was a star for the team and qualified for State every year.

Sheryl Peterson sparked Rachel's passion for Miniature Horses, teaching her winning ways, as well as selling her several horses. Rachel has now been showing Miniature Horses for over 5 years. She has qualified horses every year for the AMHA World Show in Texas, which she has attended, earning Top Ten titles every year. In 2009, she earned 2 Reserve World Champion titles. Now that she has graduated from High School, she is devoting herself to showing Miniature Horses full time. She has trained with Casey Campbell, a respected Miniature Horse Trainer in California. He taught Rachel his professional ways to prepare her horses for shows, as well as how to show them like a professional. Rachel is now training her own horses, with ambitions of become a well known miniature horse trainer herself.

Rachel is happy to share what she has learned from experience and from the pros with us at our workshop. She plans to share tips on bathing and clipping, with emphasis on sculpting the head for show. Time will be spent talking about her favorite show halters and halter fit. She hopes to touch on proper nutrition, making the horse glow from the inside out. In the afternoon, Rachel will show us how to properly set up a halter horse, then guide us in setting up our own horses.

I hope you can join us in this wonderful opportunity to learn from a young lady that is on her way to the top! Send me a note to let me know you are coming.

I wish I could! Please take good notes as those are exactly the sort of things I'd like to learn about.
default_wub.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back