Grey miniatures born solid pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These aren't very good pics but here they are anyways. This is my colt before his clip job.

Elimom.jpg

And this is what he looks like now.

DSCN0185.jpg

default_unsure.png
:Ok, here's a question for all of you. This little mare in the picture is listed as a chestnut on her papers but was sold to us as a dark grey. What is your opinion as to what color she is. During the summer when we got her she looked like a dark grey, maybe dappled to me though. The first picture is of her when she was a suckling. Let me know what you guys think!

Spicy.jpg

DSC_2647.jpg

Tiffani, your mare is a silver black (aka "silver dapple"). This is a black horse with the silver modifier gene. Some people mistakenly describe silver dapples as 'grey' or 'dark grey' but in reality this color is nothing to do with grey at all.

Tiffani, your mare is a silver black (aka "silver dapple"). This is a black horse with the silver modifier gene. Some people mistakenly describe silver dapples as 'grey' or 'dark grey' but in reality this color is nothing to do with grey at all.
So, how do I go about changing her color on her papers??? Can I do that without too much trouble??

Yes, it's easy to do a color change--send in her papers with a color change form (or I think a note works fine for AMHR--not sure what AMHA needs?) and $10 fee (again that is the AMHR fee)

I guess I will be calling the AMHR on Monday to get the info on how to change her color on the papers and what they need to be able to do that. Is there some place that I can see what the actual colors that there are with the minis??? I have raised Arabs most of my life and there aren't that many colors that Arabs can be on their papers and I am not used to having so many options. As a matter of fact I have an Arab yearling mare that is bay and is bay on her papers but is turning grey so her papers will be changed accordingly when she's grey enough.

Thanks much for the help!!!

WOW they are all so beautiful. I have a black mare bred to a dapple gray stud. Hoping for a gray baby.......lol

I guess I will be calling the AMHR on Monday to get the info on how to change her color on the papers and what they need to be able to do that. Is there some place that I can see what the actual colors that there are with the minis??? I have raised Arabs most of my life and there aren't that many colors that Arabs can be on their papers and I am not used to having so many options. As a matter of fact I have an Arab yearling mare that is bay and is bay on her papers but is turning grey so her papers will be changed accordingly when she's grey enough.

Thanks much for the help!!!
When you do send in for your color change make sure you make the new color very noticable.....i had a color change doen on one of my mares (chocolate silver dapple), she was listed as a grey and when i got the papers back it said chestnut
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back