Gramma Pony And Liz really need your prayers...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liz........I just saw the photo you posted. The Light is gone........She's half way there. She loves you and her life with you so much. Please give her hugs from everyone of us who knows her through cyberspace. I know how hard this is, trust me, I know. You may not believe, but I know that she has quite a group waiting for her. Wow.

Liz, I am so sorry for what you are going through.
default_no.gif
Have been there myself and have a 35 year-old big horse that has been on the verge a few times now and I know it's just a matter of time. It's not an easy decision but you've made the best decision for Gramma Pony. I've loved hearing her stories throughout the years and she has had such a wonderful home with you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}

As I write this, I know you are in the center of the emotional storm. Liz, I am so terribly sorry you have to go through this. Such a lovely and loved girl! She is beautiful! She will live on until 40, 50...forever. Because she was so loved by many, her story continues in the memories and hearts of her family and friends.

These poems come up time and time again when we lose a beloved horse, but it really helped me when I lost Luna and Sierra.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there. I did not die.

Oh Liz. Sending you my love.
default_bye-sad.gif

Liz,

I know you already know this but I'm saying so you know that we also know. She is ready and she is SO grateful for the love, warmth and compassion you have shown her. That's all she remembers now is how wonderful life is and she thanks you for that. She is truly a legend because of her spirit that only soared because you came into her life. She is forever grateful. And we are too. You are the best horse mommy there can ever be.
default_wub.png

Godspeed Gramma Pony. Limitless peace awaits.

Liz I feel your pain, I am sending you hugs and good thoughts and I want to thank you for sharing Gramma Pony's story with us here on the forum. She is a wonderful horse and you have made the years she spent with you happy to wipe out the previous neglect and hurt. I am sorry to hear she is ready to leave us but it is the last thing we can do for our animal friends and I know there are foals waiting for her in the green pastures across the bridge. <hugs>

Yvonne

[SIZE=12pt]Just remember she won’t be in pain anymore, and you are making the right decision! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. [/SIZE]

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I'm so sorry, Gramma Pony is an inspiration to all of us. Knowing that we CAN have our friends for such a long time gives hope to me with my older girls and I know you and Gramma Pony have given hope to more than just me.

Peace and comfort to you and your family

Liz,

I am so sorry. Grandma Pony has touched the hearts of so many. What a life! What a horse! Your description of her protecting her grandbabies, and the stories you've told about her desperation to get in with Cherry Bomb and her newborns are the ultimate examples of true maternal devotion.

This is never an easy decision, but it is so right. To be able to give her what she needs when she needs you the most is truly a gift.

I wish she could have seen this grandbaby-to-be, but you know she'll be there -- right in the stall with Cherry, I'm sure.

Thank you for sharing Grandma Pony with all of us through your stories. She will never be forgotten.

Take care,

susanne

I am so happy that she is with someone kind and loving as you....and the final gift you can give her....(((hugs)))...to ease your pain.

Oh, Liz - I am just in tears here ... my heart is breaking for you...
default_no.gif
Knowing when to say goodbye is the toughest thing, but the best thing we can do for our beloved friends. And bless you for being there with her during this time, so you can gently hold her as she lets go of her tired body.

She has been so blessed to have met you, as you have been blessed to have you in her life. And she has touched all of us.

She will soon be playing young in the fields with my Misty. We always wanted them to meet - so now they can.

You want to know about historic horses? Gramma Pony. That's a historic miniature horse who has touched so many lives.

Holding you in love,

Liz R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Liz....I have just gotten back online and looked at Gramma, what a fine dignified lady she is, I agree with MA, she is almost there...her passing will be swift and my heart breaks for the pain you feel. Thank you for sharing her with us all these years, in her new life she'll get the youngsters over the way in line...love to you and yours..all of you, even the furfolk family..be sure to tell them what is happening.

{{{Liz}}}

I wish there were words to say that could help. You are in all of our thoughts. If ever there was a "Forum mini", it is your Gramma Pony.

It is always hard to let them go, but a good owner knows when it is time so that they do not suffer.

She has had a wonderful owner with you!!

Liz,

You don't know me and I have never met you or Gramma Pony, but I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving all of us such a special little pony to love and care for through this forum!! You are indeed one very special lady and I salute you for doing all you do for this pony and many others like her. My love and prayers for you and Gramma Pony
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

Shelly

She isn't in pain anymore and you loved her completely. Ah the stories she would tell if she could
default_wub.png
I am sorry she is gone

[SIZE=12pt]Liz,[/SIZE]

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your little girls plight. I know how difficult and heartbreaking this will be for you to have to make the ultimate decision for what will be her final fate. It's obvious that she's intrused in you all these years to care for her and that it's now come to the time where she'll need you and her family members to see her through these final hours. My prayers are with you.... and this wonderful gift of a girl as you help her find her way.

Kimberle Young

Allure Ranch

So sad...yet such a kind thing to release her and let her go. It is something that we all, having our beloved animals, must face...and you gave her a wonderful life, I am sure she would have thanked you could she say the words...but we know...they don't need to talk, do they.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back