Got to hear the heart beat today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christina_ski

Reaction score
Had second doctors visit today. Went well, I am 15 weeks and we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Also had more tests and other not so pleasant stuff done but oh well. I have an appointment for my first ultrasound in 2 weeks! I am very excited! Hearing this baby for the first time made it so much more real, and seeing it will make it really set in lol. He said everything is going good, nice and normal and the heart sounded nice and strong!

Can't wait for 2 weeks, atleast Nationals is inbetween now and then to help the time pass. I will be down there a few days, the first saturday and sunday to help my friends dad in the PMC classes. Will probably be my last year to go for awhile.

Update soon!
default_smile.png

Well congratulations! My youngest child is 32 years old, so things have sure changed from then and now! We never got ultrasounds, but I know they had them. I think they only gave them back then if there was a suspected problem. And I never got to hear my babies' heartbeats until I put my ear on their chests.

It's so different these days, and it's a GOOD difference! I hope you have an easy pregnancy and all goes well!

How exciting. Really makes it seem so real.

Getting the ultra sound will take it to the next step.

Have you decided to find out the sex of the child beforehand?

Enjoy it, there comes a day when its uncomfortable and your ready for it to come out. I am 31 weeks and have hit that point. She stops me in my tracks with her kicks to the pelvic area and lower. My lower back is out, and it wont move because of how she is pushing on it. And suddenly today I realized how big I do look and how much I do waddle.

I carried my twins just a few days shy of 38 weeks and it wasn't that bad. Not that it was great... but it wasn't that bad. I had most all of the minor "symptoms" of pregnancy, but nothing major, so I consider myself lucky.

I worked my horse job (cleaning stalls, throwing 65 lb harness, feeding, grooming, etc.) just three weeks before, too... I think staying active was a MAJOR help so I suggest to you to at least walk every day or see what your doctor will clear you to do.

I hope your pregnancy goes well and you have a wonderful baby.

Keep us posted!

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
Back