Got hay? Surplus here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
Yippee for me as I will not be in the bind I was last year.

My hay guy has excellent hay. He actually competes at the four states fair with his hay and is known as the usual winner. This year our area has been blessed with great growing conditions.

He has plenty of hay left. He even mentioned that he probably has around 600 round bales in covered storage as well as his usual good, clean, heavy squares. The county is Bowie up in the northeast corner of Texas. Just putting the word out if anyone is desperate for hay like we were here last year.

Sure wish we were closer to you! We lost all our winter hay in the flood!
default_no.gif
We had just put 400 bales in the barn on Wed. and was hit by the flood on Sunday!
default_doh.gif

Thank you for posting this. I have already filled my barn with 1.5 years worth of hay in squares and I picked up two years worth of rounds for the big horses. But still thank you for posting as you never know who might be in the bind that some of us were in last year and even the year before. LOL 20 squares huh? Ugh I picked up 800, but oh my I just love the smell each time I grab a new one

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting this. I have already filled my barn with 1.5 years worth of hay in squares and I picked up two years worth of rounds for the big horses. But still thank you for posting as you never know who might be in the bind that some of us were in last year and even the year before. LOL 20 squares huh? Ugh I picked up 800, but oh my I just love the smell each time I grab a new one
Yeah, when you have four they don't eat much. :)That will last me till spring! I wouldn't mind getting a rounder, either, for the field.

Put in 100 bales of Alfalfa and 275 of bluestem back in June/July. Already gone through most of that and my winter hay is in my dealer's barn already paid for just waiting to move--200 bales Alfalfa, 100 bluestem and 10 round bales. Expecting a very cold windy winter here, hopefully not much snow--won't complain though as we sure need the moisture no matter what form it takes.

Back