Good morning,....An attempt again,....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFFoxyGal

Reaction score
Hi all,....I wasnt able to come on here yesterday,..as I was waiting ALL day for an IMPORTANT phone call.

But, nothing new to report anyway,......

:new_shocked: [SIZE=14pt]FOXY IS STILL PREGGIE!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE] :new_shocked:

All night long in her stall,.....She paces,..she fidgets,she goes potty,....her tail is up,..she bites,..she scratches,..EVERYWHERE,.....
default_unsure.png
:

She also,.....RAMS her butt in to the wall,......I mean,......literaly,......BAMMMMMM!!!!!!!
default_unsure.png
: :eek: :new_shocked:

Fred thought she might be trying to break her water,......I dunno,......
default_unsure.png
:

I am just scared that she is gonna drive her butt through her head!!!,...Anyone know why she does this,.and has anyone ever witnessed one of their horses doing this??????

Then morning comes,..out to the pasture she goes,...and NOTHING!!!!!!!!,.....She is perfectly normal!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I am now ,..no longer thinking any time soon,..,....

I tell EVERYONE,...next year this time!!,.....and I swear,....If I here Fred say one more time,...with his hand held out,...in a very teasing voice,.....***MAY***** ,.....ONE more time,......I might have to hurt him!!!!! :deadhorse2: :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_all_coholic:

I am sooo tired,.....that,.....I havent got much housework done,.....My house is a DISASTER,....I mean it,..It is BAD!!!!,...

another question,....

Does housework get put on the back burner during this time,..or,..am I the only one??????

ok,....I am off to my bed for a nap,.....I will come back on later and try to catch up with everyones last couple of days,....

Luv you all
default_wub.png
: :saludando: ,........might have to write you all from the INSANE ASSYLUM,..very soon!!!!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_frusty.gif
: LOL
default_smile.png

Hate to break it to you but dont assume just cause morning comes you are safe till it gets dark again... Mare stare can break even the strongest of people lol but at least here at my farm at least 60 percent if not more over the years have foaled during daylight hours--

hang in there

Mine popped hers yesterday at noon
default_unsure.png
: Yours is bound to go when you are daytime napping
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=14pt]Very normal for mares to press their butts into things trying to aleviate the pressure they feel. bet if you had a hand in that butt you would feel feet pressing on her cervix. I have had all but 1 of my foals in the last 7 years...since living in this house....born BEFORE 11pm. several in the middle of the afternoon.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Lots of mares try to alleviate the pressure by doing the butt push thing. You sound so frustrated - but I think we are all in that position - or have been in that position until foaling season really starts.

As far as housework - forget it - it will still be there when the foal is out kicking and bucking!!!

For me - housework is a bad word during this time - not only am I doing the marestare thing - but I am an accountant and it is tax time - total craziness - work on a client tax return - click on the cam - click back on my tax software - Yikes!!!!!!!!!!

After our disaster on Friday night - my next foals due in May will be a scary time for me. It will be good that tax time will be over by that point as I don't think that my mind will be on books!!!!!!!!

Hey Foxylady - I think you are in Saskatchewan aren't you? So am I - hope to see you join our great club and participate in some events!!!!!!!!! We will be holding a 3 day AMHA sanctioned show in Regina in August - lots of other fund events during the year.

Cyndi Egbert

President - Saskatchewan Miniature Horse Club

Saskatchewan, Canada

Hate to break it to you but dont assume just cause morning comes you are safe till it gets dark again... Mare stare can break even the strongest of people lol but at least here at my farm at least 60 percent if not more over the years have foaled during daylight hours--

hang in there

Odyssey at 9:15AM

Mercy anywhere between 11:00AM and 11:45PM

Hope at 10:30AM to 12:45AM

Rage at 10:15PM

Indy 11:15PM

Intrepid - ?

Milk strips say not tonight. Yawn. Baby is kicking happily in utero (I am so thankful to at least have kicking after Indy lost her filly in 2005), adding whatever he/she needs to survive delivery. Too bad Mother Nature does not prescribe something for mare stare participants!
default_yes.gif
: :new_all_coholic:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Last edited by a moderator:
Housework? Once it gets warm it does not happen. As for mare stare we are on day 355 and if she gets any bigger she won't fit through the door. It will happen when shes ready meanwhile will we stay sane? Good luck with Foxy! Linda B

HOUSEWORK......What's that????????????????????
default_unsure.png
:

:lol: My house has been a disaster for awhile.........Just when I have a mare stare break..........now I have foal problems.........one with diarrhea on antibiotics, butt washings....etc.

It is never--ending in this wonderful horsey world! :aktion033:

Tell Foxy she better get busy, or you will owe Fred.............she only has a few days left in April, then it is MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

LOL~~ She will probably foal 12:01 am May Day(May 1st!LOL) You have to admit that would be pretty funny if she did!!!!! :bgrin

Hang in there~ :saludando:

default_crybaby.gif
: Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Foxy. I am put out to pasture... 7-8am throw a load of clothes in washer take dishes out of diswasher. Grab a cup of coffee. 8am -12 noon feed, clean stalls, clean pastures, brush Mamas, play with babies between each chore. 12-4pm stall babies and mamas if it is hot. eat lunch, put clothes in dryer, put another load in washer. Grab a horse, any horse wash it, brush it or clip it. Fix dinner, let mamas and babies out 4-7, feed up. Get the picture :bgrin :bgrin Then I stay up most of the night watching the other three ladies in waiting.
default_yes.gif
: :no:
default_wink.png
:

Sandy

Latest posts

Back