Good metal cart for CDE's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollyhorse

Reaction score
I would like a good metal cart for CDE's that has good shock absorbtion. The Pacific Smart Cart is no longer manufactured which would have been my first choice. My miniature horse is 36" and is green so I can't use my HyperBike with her yet. I am 5'8" with long legs and I'm not skinny, about 170 pounds. The Bellcrown and Aerocrown are too small for me and my girl. I have had someone recommend the Ahonen cart with torsion axles and the Foxlane with C springs has been recommended. Any long-legged folks have experience with these or have other recommendations for carts that will be easy to clean and maintain when doing marathons, etc.? I am new to all of this and I appreciate the help very much. Thank you
default_yes.gif

What about the larger carts made by bellcrown like the shetlander or ranger?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a pretty nice one made by KG Carriages. I don't remember the exact website, but have a link to them on my links page.

I've seen one that another woman has on the west coast. Hers was extremely NICE. I was thinking I have pics but would have to go thru my email to check it. Her Shetland was a little larger, but they make their carts in different sizes to accommodate the minis/ponies. I think they could also make different heights as needed on the seat (s), I know that I've also had risers put on my carts (no name brands) to raise the seat from the floor so I have more leg room. However, my carts aren't actually appropriate for CDEs... I did go with a no air, solid rubber tire on a heavier rim made by the Amish community in OH, but it's still styled like a bicycle wheel and would probably still "fold" under the wrong torsion.

Mine will work for extended trail type driving thru woods w/ limbs down and I have no more flats (which is sooooo nice - since that had become a major problem for me).

Latest posts

Back