goats are eating my horse!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naira3284

Reaction score
default_biggrin.png
ok my horses are on a farm that also has some pigmy goats that have a thing for manes.

her mane has been geting shorter and shorter. It dosent look like she's rubing it.

its just geting realy short. They have been known to do it to the small "A" horses.

but since she is a bit biger I didnt wory about it.

Soooo....

what would you put on her hair to make it not taste as good?. :DOH!

and to make it grow back.

thanks

Yep, have known several people who had horses tails eaten off to nubs over the years!

You could put something around her neck to cover her mane, or take the goats away. To make it grow use MTG.

I would braid up her mane something like this for now;

You just grab 3 pieces of hair from the top of the neck and starting briading across grabbing more hair as you go down; I am bad at braiding but I managed to figure it out
default_smile.png
My friend did that one below haha hes much neater
default_smile.png

Pho171.jpg

And put a loose braid in the tail and put it into a tailbag
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try blue palmolive soap. That is what we put on anything our horses chew on. It is safe and they don't like the taste. It has to be the blue though, don't know why.

My goat ate the feathers off of my Emu. I tried apple bitters, blue coat and various other types of icky tasting stuff. The only thing that worked was I made a blanket for my naked bird. When she grew her feathers back we would take the blanket off and the goat ate them off again. The only fool proof method of keeping the goats from eating the manes is to move the horse or goats. I am lucky the goat does not bother the horses.

well I cant take the horse away from the goat. the goats can get bout anyware on the farm.

ill try braiding it up. thanks guys
default_wacko.png

kk

Is there a way you can make a pen for your little one without the goats??? Goats are horrible!!!! I had one eat my big horse's tail up past the hocks. Its never grown back.
default_no.gif
Oh, well. Maybe try to keep her tail vet wrapped so they can't get to it. It'll require you to change the wrap often and clean her tail. And maybe braiding her mane, but that might not stop them since its still there. Maybe put a slinky on her??? Just a thought. If they can't see it, they probably won't bother it.

Latest posts

Back