goat people

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anita

Reaction score
We wanted big large goats to eat the weeds and bushes, a lots. What breed would you recommend?

Yesterday someone told a sheep would be better. Whats your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

A

We have both sheep and goats in a pen. So not sure which one is actually eatting more but there is weeds and very little grass in that pen.

I think personally they both eat equally.

That said for goats..........alpine are big, neubian are big but probably not as big, boer is another good one.

We have a goat we just got named Big Jim. He looks like a neubian but guessing he has some alpine in him.

HE is bigger then a few of my horses and stands(at just behind his withers) a whoping 34.5" tall. :new_shocked: :eek:

OH and it doesnt take a large goat to do the job. Goats love to eat and little goats do well at it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anitavake is correct.........Boer and Nubian are pretty big at maturity.

My question is.......what will you do with the goat(s) when all the weeds are gone????

MA

Good question Ma

Goats can start again to eat and fetilize at the beginning. We have ca 120 acres.

We dewooded 50 acres two years ago and now with the rain what we get ( very happy) add tropical climate

weeds grow to bushes. In this part its nothing in the soil. My citygirl brain says goats eat and fertilize to prepare for horse pasture.

A

Latest posts

Back