Gloves at breed (AMHR) shows?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candi

Reaction score
I guess to me gloves are a necessary part of showing in driving classes? Am I wrong for AMHR?

Another example of "it pays to read the rulebook!".
LOL well given that it's not an issue for me and TBO too busy and easier to ask here - your statement is a LMAO to me.

I will say though that for all the breeds that REQUIRE gloves it looks SO MUCH BETTER. After watching many folks (including 'top' trainers) compete at Nationals with no gloves. Stood out poorly. The ones with gloves definitely had more polish and a much more finished look.

When showing Morgans we ALWAYS wore gloves--regardless if it were for driving, riding or in hand classes. It was common for in hand exhibitors to wear short sleeve shirts, even the big name trainers at the biggest of shows, but even with short sleeved shirts handlers wore gloves. It's always struck me as kind of funny that Mini exhibitors, who would almost certainly frown on a handler that came out into the ring in a short sleeve shirt, so often come into the ring bare handed.

For the ADS shows, wearing gloves is a "safety" thing. Not so much that you wouldn't be safe for not wearing them, but moreso your hands could be raw from a horse that takes to pulling on you. They are protection for your hands. I suppose there are a lot of minis out there that don't have very heavy mouths and therefore those drivers don't feel they need gloves. I always showed in gloves no matter what the discipline, with maybe the exception of a small open fun show.

Myrna

Latest posts

Back