Giddyupflix, Horseflix, Barnsweetbarn, etc.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has checked out these horse training and care dvd online rental sites:

http://www.giddyupflix.com/

http://www.barnsweetbarndvds.com/

http://www.horseflix.com/

Same concept as Netflix, only these are DVDs on horsecare, training, events (dressage, FEI, CDEs, etc), as well as a limited number of gocumentaries and entertainment.

At first glance, the first two sites had more of interest (quite a few on driving and driving training). All three are priced very similarly.

Giddyupflix has the Patty Cloke DVD series, Doris Ganton, Robyn Cuffey, and many others

If you've tried any of these, how did you like them? If you haven't, be sure to check them out.

Seems like a good way to check out a wide variety of training DVDs beyond what you may wish to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Susanne, Thanks, I had never seen these sites. Its a good way to try before you buy.I always hate buying some videos because Im afraid they will not cover what I really need to learn. I saw I couple that I would like to take a look at. Thanks

Heidi

I haven't tried any of these, but am anxious to hear opinions, too.
default_smile.png

Never even realized such a thing exsisted. Thank you for posting!
default_biggrin.png
I will be checking these out and updating what I find out.

How cool!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_thumbup.gif
I may have to try a few of those as I've nearly run through all of my friends' video libraries.
default_laugh.png
I always spend a lot of time in winter reading training books and watching videos since it's too dark and wet to work the horses themselves.

Leia

There is alot of talk about these places on another site I frequent. (big horse site) There is nothing but good stuff to say about all of them! My only complaint, I've never seen any "mini" specific DVD's. I'd LOVE to see some halter training and showing videos, as well as grooming your mini for show. Oh well.....

Hmm, interesting. HorseFlix and GiddyUpFlix both offer unlimited rentals a month with similar price structures but HorseFlix only lets you keep them 28 days and doesn't have much to choose from. Barnsweetbarn puts limits on how many you can rent a month (although honestly, how many of us are going to rent more than 5 DVD's in a month one at a time?
default_wacko.png
) but has a great selection of competition carriage driving videos. GiddyUpFlix has the best selection at the best prices and swears they have the most copies of each title. I think I'll go with them and temporarily with Barnsweetbarn. They're sort of hiding but GiddyUp does have ALL of Patty Cloke's titles, including the Hunter one, and all of Clay Maier's videos. You just have to do a search for them as they're not listed under the categories.

Leia

I didn't have to do much searching...on each site I just clicked on the driving category and found all that you mentioned...Patty Cloke, Clay Maier, Robyn Caffey, etc.

I agree, however, that HorseFlix seemed to have the least to offer.

Considering that driving so often seems to be treated like an afterthought, I was delighted to see how much they had to offer in this category. Like Leia, I look forward to many cold, dark winter evenings watching these...

I am on Giddyup Flix and have nothing but good to say about it.
default_smile.png

I had no idea these existed! Thanks for posting!

Liz R.

susanne said:
I didn't have to do much searching...on each site I just clicked on the driving category and found all that you mentioned...Patty Cloke, Clay Maier, Robyn Caffey, etc.
Not all of Patty's videos or Clay's are on driving though, so they did not show under the driving category. When I clicked on the "author's" name, it showed me all of their videos.
default_smile.png

ClickMini said:
I am on Giddyup Flix and have nothing but good to say about it.
default_smile.png
I'm surprised you didn't mention it when I was over raiding your video shelves!
default_laugh.png

Leia

Back