Driving Videos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
We're looking at purchasing some driving DVDs and were wondering which set people think is best. Any and all critiques would be appreciated. If you'd prefer to email me you can at [email protected]

The 3 available sets we found are:

Driving Your Mini by Bobbie Ferraro - A three part Series

Each DVD/Video is 75 minutes long and can be purchased separately or as a set. Bobbie uses her miniature gelding throughout all the videos. Best Sellers

Video I - Starting Your Horse or Pony in the Harness - This video covers your beginning round pen work, harnessing and line driving in harness. Harness parts and proper fit are also covered.

Video II - Introducing Your Horse or Pony to the Cart - Video II goes on to introducing your mini to the cart; Proper fitting of the horse to harness and cart; and ground driving with the cart.

Video III - Finishing the Driving Horse or Pony - This video covers driving your mini and preparing you and your mini for the show ring and/or pleasure driving. It works through potential problems and situations in detail.

-----------------------

Foundation Training for the Miniature Horse Series

by Patty Cloke

Harnessing your Horse and Hitching to the Cart - 25 minutes PC100

Safely Round Penning your Horse in the Harness - 38 minutes PC120

Ground Driving & Introducing your Horse to the Cart - 42 minutes PC130

------------------------

Training Your Miniature For Driving Classes I - By Joann Ross

30 minutes of basics: Groundwork & harnessing EGT1

Training Your Miniature For Driving Classes II

30 minutes of driving & problem solving EGT2

Training Your Miniature Horse for Obstacle Driving

---------------------------

Thanks,

Stephanie

Patty's set is great and will get you going right up to the driving part. You should also get the next video in the series for the driver if you get hers. I have my mare in training with Patty and take a couple lessons per week. My mare was trained 100% right along with this method, the videos give you a really great idea of the progression she uses for training her horses.

I don't have all of the videos from the other two.

Latest posts

Back