Gestation Poll for This Year Only

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please mark which gestation period mare went

• Total voters

Shortpig

Reaction score
I saw a similar survey on a website dedicated more to large horses. I'm interested in the gestation period for miniature horses.

This poll won't work for people that have horses in more than one range. However, mine went 318 days. :D

I figured for those who have more than one horse they could enter multiple times. There was an option for that and I chose it. Just looking for percentages when all done.

Good idea to make it so we can choose more than one range. It still won't show percentages completely accurately though if you had more than one mare in a range.

Mine this year were 315 days, 316 days, 328 days, 330 days, and 340 days.

3 of our mares have foaled and we are still waiting on 2 but we have been all over the place. I voted but figured I would comment also - one mare foaled at 321 days (and she is normally a mare that foals after 340 so this was a change for her). Another mare foaled at 335 days which is consistent with her first foal. And then the 3rd mare foaled at 354 days (and she normally foals around 330 so this was well over for her)....

One thing I noticed about all 3 is that None of them got the completly full bag this year which all have in the past and the 2 I am still waiting on have been bagged up much longer than normal for either of them - both of them have been bagged up for just over 2 months (I actually expected them to foal middle of may based on their progress but here we are still waiting
default_smile.png

Good luck with your survey!

I voted once for 352-360 days...Ten foals born here this year, one mare went at 341 and the rest were all from 352-375ish.

All ours foaled out between 301 and 309 this year...really unusual for those mares to be that early on one hand bred cycle and then pop them out without ANY signs at all..the norm for them has always been 330-340...l'm going to say it's the weird weather..
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I voted once for 352-360 days...Ten foals born here this year, one mare went at 341 and the rest were all from 352-375ish.
Gosh, I hope mine dont wait that long. My mare closest to ready is about 330 days, one should be 5 days behind her, and another 3 weeks behind the first; then, if the other is pregnant its a crapshoot as she was pastured with the stallion all summer (I know when her first heat was, but she doesn't look far enough along to have taken then).

This year one mare went into premature labor at 315 days, and then two had normal foalings 341 days & 333 days.

In the past I've ranged live foals from 312 days to 352 days, average being around 330 days.

Mine haven't foaled yet. They are sitting at day 335 and 318. One thing I have noticed is that they aren't as large as they normally are at this point.

Latest posts

Back