Gelding from Canada

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koko

Reaction score
Yeah, I got my heart set on fostering a beautiful registered chestnut racing appy from Canada, yes, he's PMU, yes, I truly think he's awesome. But then, we have the little problem of how the heck to get a horse from Canada to California without going crazy.
default_wacko.png
:

Anyone got ideas on how to find the money for bringing him down?

How much on average does it cost to ship a horse this far?

How much is Coggins and Border, usually?

What're racing horses from that breed usually like?

Has anyone dealt with PMU horses before? Is there anything usually a bit odd with them?

My mom has 2 PMU mares, on that was pregnant, one that was not. She got a PMU filly. My cousin also got a PMU colt. There was nothing odd with them. As far as paperwork, I have no clue, but it is defintly a good thing to do! :aktion033:

we also adopted a PMU foal for my daughter, her mare is coming three and is not only beautiful, but very level headed too. nothing unusual about her except she is SO good! and being a palomino appaloosa she is not a common color...

Thanks! None of them do the hockey-pockey hoof pick dance, right?
default_rolleyes.gif
: A favorite of the lesson horses, I know one of the Appys learned it and he stepped on my toe doing it, too.

Hi- This is the paper work we went through to send 2 boys across into the united states- I hope I remember it correctly :bgrin

Coggins and Health papers by local vet about $75.00 CAN ( must be done with in 30 days- very picky about this inregards to time limits) Then the papers must then be signed by the Canadian Federal Vet

Canadian Federal Vet signs the health papers I believe that was about $28.00 CAN each ( must be done before crossing the border)(didn't need to see horse)

Then The federal Vet in The states at the border needs to sign to papers( while you are crossing- needs to see the horse)( accepts credit card only-I think) about $35.00 USD

I might be off on the dollar amount by a couple of bucks.

Hope it helps- :bgrin

Congratulations!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back