G.E. 12" Nippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speckles

Reaction score
Can any recommend a great place to buy a pair of the G.E. Nippers 12". I want to look at importing a pair but am not sure who what stockist is good to deal with. Any ideas of good stockists in the USA? Any help greatly appreciated.

Sandra

Hoof & Nail farrier supply in Calgary Alberta sells them, if you want to order from Canada.

Hoof and Nail contact That's where I got mine from (though I have the 15" ones) They're a reputable firm, pretty much the main supplier for farriers & us general horse owners in this part of the country. They currently list the 12" nippers at $239.20, which is probably higher than what you'll find from the US suppliers. Not sure if you pay different taxes/duty on Canadian vs. US orders?

Horseshoes Plus in Barrington, NH had 12" nippers in stock at this moment [i just bought a pair of 14"]. Meaders Supply in Rochester, NH also has them.

Sandra,

Try Midwest Farrier Supply, www.mwfarrier.com. They have all major brands at the best prices that I have found. GE 12" Nippers are $174. Reasonable shipping too.

You might price out the St. Croix nippers. I think the last I heard at the farrier's supply there was a

back order on the 12" GE's, I like the St. Croix just as well and they're a little cheaper.

I think my last pair was $140.

Try Alvin Farrier Supply

http://www.alvinfarriersupply.com/

Horseshoes Plus has 12" GE nippers in stock [quite a few pairs I might add]. I know I saw them a couple of days ago, plus the St Croix are not nearly as good as GE. I have St Croix crease pullers and I think I am going to go with the St Croix pull offs but the GE nippers are without a doubt the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered some from Well-shod...the link is posted above.....super fast shipping, I ordered them on a Monday morning and the order was here by Wednesday.

They were $169.00.

They also have great hoof knives (The Knife) that Margo CT? suggested.

Sue

Latest posts

Back